3. Carnival Magic
Magic was my second cruise and is an easy ship to find your way around. I wish they would use better signage for all the washrooms on board. It was difficult to find washrooms on any floor even after your told where they are.( It’s not a big deal, but many others had the same problem.) We had a balcony cabin and our stateroom service was great. Su made sure everyone was comfortable and we had everything needed. If not, you only need to ask and there there to help you Diningroom service was awesome. Loved these guys. I don’t know how the servers remember everyone’s name but they do. They were very friendly, efficient and never made you feel rushed. We were always told to relax and take our time. They saw me at the lido deck having tea in the morning and seen that I liked honey instead of sugar. It was at my table that night for dining, along with a pot of tea. It was so considerate of them. The dancing they do was fun to watch every night, and brought a tear to your eye on the last night. Entertainment was amazing. MarQ, the cruise director, is hilarious. You will LYAO. Theatre shows are really good and worth seeing every night. They get the audience involved in game shows like The Newlywed Game. Again hilarious. They might ask you what one of your spouses friends you could see yourself with. Haha, Very talented group of entertainers. Songs from the 50’s, 60’s 70’s,80’s,90’s to sing along with . They leave no generation out. Singing and dancing they do is fabulous, a must see. Easy on / off the ship for excursions and embarkation/ disembarkation went very smoothly. Highly recommended, but don’t go if you don’t want to have some fun and share some laughs. If you do, then this ship is for you.

Loved It

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Budwizzer

Budwizzer’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8G 8263
Our cabin was very clean and our service was great. No issues. We were very near the elevators on the 8th floor. Our first night, there was lots of noisemakers, but it was the Super Bowl game night, so it was expected. It was an exciting night for some and not for others. Other then the first night we didn’t hear any noise. I was surprised because when we got to our room and seen how close we were to the elevators, I thought it would be quite noisy through the week.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Horseback Riding Tour
    This was a nice excursion. An easy ride for an hour. Your guide does not push you to go fast. He will take the few who want to push it for a few minutes ( usually the guys) while the second guide continues with the rest. Its an hour long ride, take a few pics on the horses, then break for lunch. Beautiful forest paths to walk and take pics, big beautiful pool. Its a dollar to get sprayed with a bug repellent if you didnt bring any. You have the option to just stay at the pool if your not comfortable on horses. Our ride was slow and easy. All in all, a really nice day. Recommended
    View All 12 Horseback Riding Tour Reviews
  • Cozumel
    Amazing what you see underwater. Your in the water for about Nhour. Lots packed into this day. Recommended
    View All 6,596 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Mayan Ruins
    Great day. Tour guide was Jorge. We started off snorkeling for an hour and seeing the corals reefs. I wish I had taken my water shoes as it is quite rocky in the sand. Amazing under water. We were offered a free alcohol / non alcohol drink of our choice. They took some pics of you under water. They charge $55.00 for a disk with all your pics on it. I refused to pay that price and offered them $20. and they took it. You can really barter in Mexico. Next, we went to the Mayan Ruins for a tour. That was interesting to see. Next up was lunch at a Mexican restaurant. Wow, Hot and spicy. Dont be fooled, taste test first. Then you taste test about 6 different tequila shots, and hes not stingy on the tequila. I think this was a 5 hour tour. Not sure with all those tequila shots, LOL. Then you head back, about an hours ride. Plenty of shopping and good prices when you get back ( about an hour or so as well as your only opportunity to buy from duty free before heading to the ship. This was a great day. Jorge was very knowledgeable about Mexico and a fun guy all day long. We made sure he had a couple of shots of the good stuff before returning. Recommended
    View All 367 Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Ziplining
    WOW. Loved it. Great day. Im a lady 60 years young. This was my second time zip lining. So easy to do. The guides were very patient with those that were nervous. They hold on to you on the deck and ask you to bend your knees and lean back while waiting. No need to jump, that can be scary. You float across the line, you dont freefall. Its safe and its fun. Your harnessed two different ways. If you dont make all the way across they come get you,but your never stranded there. Its fun, you gotta try it once.Youll love it. There are 6 platforms, takes an hour to do all of them depending on how many are in your group. Places to eat or beach it afterwords , so bring some money with you to eat/ drink or go back to ship. Lots of shopping if you want that too.
    View All 163 Ziplining Reviews