3. MSC Musica
Having travelled several times by air, we decided to try out by sea. I have always been fascinated by the ocean so this was an ideal opportunity to enjoy it more and even closer. The ship was amazing, it catered for the alcoholics! As a Muslim person, there really isn’t much than can be done on board. The swimming area seemed as if it was for the alcoholics and there kids. The theatre was one entertainment activity that we truly enjoyed. It would have been nice if more shows were offered throughout the day. The buffet dining confused very much so. There was signage saying that “MSC has gone out of its way to source halaal meats” however in the buffet area on the 13th floor there was a halaal section. Why? If apparently all of the lamb, poultry and beef on board was halaal. This is according to the many maitre de’s that we had spoken to. Then the halaal section was soooo limited in comparison to the rest of the buffet. Lunch buffet didn’t even offer the halaal section so what were we supposed to eat? Of course doubt enters the mind as a section was cordoned off for halaal. If the sign had made it clear that all the beef, lamb and poultry was halaal then I would have also enjoyed the burgers, hot dogs etc that the non halaal sections were offering. The dinner set up made things feel a lot more special however the same issue as above, the question of the meat being truly halaal. I appreciate that halaal meat was sourced however there is soo much going on that it would have been nice if it was made clear that ALL the poultry, beef and lamb was halaal. I think I would have enjoyed my meals even more. Nonetheless the meals I chose to eat were good and the seafood was exceptionally fresh and cooked very well. Well done to the chefs! To Kishawn Wilkonson, you deserve a good incentive and you have the most wonderful personality and a smile that can make anyone smile. You are extremely friendly and you really went out of your way to render fantastic service! I will never forgot you my friend from St Vincent somewhere near the West Indies. Your are a true gem to that ship and I wish the rest of your colleagues would learn a thing or too from you. To Maria the lady that did the housekeeping for our floor and room. You are truly amazing, your energy is so powerful especially to do what you do. I never got to chat to you but you are a very hard worker and I hope are rewarded for that! The people that work on ships are very hardworking overall and they have to have such a strong threshold for irate people and pressure. I take my hat off to them for all that they do and wish them all the best and hope that one day each one of them will be the captain of their own ship in life. By the way, it would have been very nice and also added a personal touch if Captain Pinto came to down on the last night at dinner to say hello to everyone. Just a thought...

First time cruiser...

ImzoSals’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Musica price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Fantastica
Cabin B2 10063
The cabin was beautiful and a good size. The design, the furniture and finishes were standout. The bathroom though I kept hitting my head on the water faucet while having a shower.
Virtuoso Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Durban
    The parking is a problem as we had been stopped by some rando guys to park which we did but only to decide to follow some other cars did we realise that in fact that was not the MSC parking. So just be careful about that!

The actual port and the process was simple thereafter. You just follow the signs and there are plenty of people from MSC to guide you accordingly!
    View All 73 Durban Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Durban Cruise Port Review
  • Portuguese Island
    This was amazing and well organised. MSC was in the ball! Not a hitch to get off the ship and neither to get back on. I loved the boats(tander not sure if it was called that) used to transfer us because I was afraid that they were going to use those dingy type things with a speed boat engine to take us across. Very wonderful experience, if my next cruise doesn’t offer this then I will be very upset and disappointed because MSC has set the standard very high!
    View All 135 Portuguese Island Cruise Port Reviews