3. Royal Princess
Excellent service, huge buffet that didn't seem crowded despite almost 4,000 people on board. The cruise director, Matt O, was the best I've ever had on a cruise. He was funny, energetic, friendly and just overall awesome! He made the cruise. Makes me want to do some research when we're ready for another cruise, to see what ship he'll be on....he was that good. The band, Static, was great. They sang lots of "oldies" and were very interactive with the audience. I normally like to sit at a table for 2, because I'm more introverted, but we decided to take a chance and sit at a larger table. I'm so glad we did! We met some wonderful people, and even met up with some of them for another meal. The onboard activities were great too, from games shows to trivia to The Voice of The Ocean. The ship was beautiful and I would love to do another cruised on the Royal!

Great buffet, phenomenal cruise director!

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Twiggly

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony
Twiggly’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA C403
Cabin was very nice. Joemar, our room steward, was very attentive and had fresh ice in our ice bucket every day. He seemed to know just when we left for breakfast, as our room was made up as soon as we got back. Same with our nightly service; after dinner our beds were turned down and chocolates on our pillows.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)
    We did the Outback excursion. Our tour guide was Manny and he was a delight. Very knowledgable, informative and lots of personality. We got to see a lot of the city on our way to a school where we got to spend time with children. We then had lunch with a local family, which was delicious. We also got to go to the beach for a while and got massages on the beach. We were very surprised with the beauty of the countryside....lots of mountains and so green!
    View All 725 Amber Cove (Puerto Plata) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Amber Cove (Puerto Plata) Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    Loved the tour! Very informative. Driver let us off downtown at the end of the tour so we could shop and eat. Lots of nice shops and restaurants to eat at. A very short walk back to the ship.
    View All 235 City Tour Reviews