• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Norwegian Bliss Review

Editor Rating

The Bliss is just a bit too big for us

Review for Norwegian Bliss to the Eastern Caribbean
vernonrjones
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2019
Cabin: Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

We sailed on the NCL Bliss on Feb 2, 2019, Mini Suite Cabin #15770. Both the wife and I are experienced cruisers, this was my 17th cruise. Embarkation was the best I have ever experienced, very quick, 15 min from arrival at the pier at 11:15 until we were on board. Cabins were ready about 1:30. Our cabin was nice, but not as large as other Mini Suites on NCL or on Princess. A strong word of caution for anyone who books or is assigned cabin 15770, it is immediately below the stage that is on Lido deck next to the pool. No sleep was possible in the cabin when bands or DJ’s were playing on Lido. I found the ship to be a bit more crowded than other ships I had been on. With only 2 elevator banks, there were often very busy.

The food was about as expected. Knowing what I know now, I would have chased the Prime Rib served earlier in the cruise at The Local and in the Garden Café instead of waiting for it to be served in the main dining rooms. The bars were great, Thomas in the Local is a great bartender, as well as Alan in Mixx.

The ship is new and is in great shape, the cabin was always clean and everything worked.

Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

Cabin MA

This cabin is right below the stage on Lido, on sleep is possible when bands are playing. Rather small compared to other mini suites i have had

Port Reviews

Miami

Very easy embarkation and debarkation, very good job Miami

Tortola

Nice Island, then need to work harder on clean up from the hurricanes, lots of trash still

St. Thomas

Very nice, hardly no sign of the damage from the hurricanes

Nassau

Dirty, waste of time, i will avoid it in the future

10 Helpful Vote