3. Norwegian Bliss
Timing and price both worked for me. I travel solo, so NCL is my go to cruise line because they have some great options for the single traveller. I usually book a studio cabin, but this trip, because of the multiple "at sea" days, I chose a stateroom with a balcony. This was soon upgraded to a mini-suite, unsolicited by me. Beautiful big cabin with a full size shower(sliding glass doors and six mini-nozzles.) Embarkation and disembarkation both took no time at all; just walked on/off. The food and beverage situation was typical NCL; fair to average. I dined at 4 "specialty" restaurants. Q, Los Lobos, and Cagney's were average, at best. Le Bistro, however, hit it out of the park. Food, wine, service, all excellent.After trying each of the 3 main dining rooms, I resorted to the buffet for the rest of my meals. Pretty decent, by the way. The ship is absolutely beautiful, albeit almost new. Highlights include a go-cart track, laser tag, and waterslides that extend out over the sides of the ship. The overhang sections are clear plastic; pretty cool. Nightly shows, alway something to do. A popular venue is a replica of the pub the Beatles used to play when they started out, complete with a very good cover band. Lastly, a word about the Observation Lounge. Designed specifically for Alaskan waters, it covers the front 1/3 of the ship on deck 15. All floor-to-ceiling windows, comfortable roomy seating for hundreds of people, serving continental breakfast, lunch, and "tea".

I was cold, so...

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by steve cashman

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Embarkation and disembarkation both took no time at all; just walked on/off.

steve cashman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MX 14778
Queen bed, couch(seats 3), plenty of storage space. Balcony was typical; room for 2 chairs and a small table. Electric is 110, no need for a converter if you're from the USA. Bathroom was larger than mine at home.Full size shower with sliding glass doors and a double sink.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Speed Boat
    Brief tour of the harbor followed by high speed lunacy including 360-degree turns, aka "doughnuts" up north, and multiple "bat turns". All arrived back at the dock soaked but happy. My personal highlight.
    View All 5 Speed Boat Reviews
  • Magen Bay Beach
    Drove across the island. Photo op at the highest point on the island. Also souvenir shopping and banana daiquiris. Dropped us off at the Magen Bay beach for two hours, picking us up on time; no trouble making "all aboard".
    View All 238 Magen Bay Beach Reviews