3. Oasis of the Seas
My wife I were first time cruisers and did not realize what we had gotten ourselves into when we booked the Oasis! The day after we booked the cruise there was a special on Good Morning America and I was blown away at how big and beautiful the ship was. We went into the cruise with the attitude that it would be our best vacation ever and it didn't disappoint us one bit.

First of all being first time cruisers we made two major mistakes to start the vacation, first we booked a flight on the same day as the cruise and secondly we had a connecting flight. We are from Minnesota and flew from MSP to Atlanta and were to catch a connecting flight from Buffalo, NY. We were to arrive in Ft. Lauderdale at 1:00 pm and with the delay were scheduled to arrive at 2:40 pm. Luckily everything went smooth after that and we were on the ship by 3:20.

Complaints about the Windjammer are unfounded. Yes, it is buffet food and is probably not up to the standards of a sit down restaurant but I went there probably six or seven times including breakfast, lunch and one dinner. As busy as it was most times we easily found seating each time. One tip to remember is that you can check your interactive TV and see how busy each restaurant is. We ate at Johnny Rockets for breakfast twice (complimentary) and is was good.

As far as the bars we spent most of our time in either Schooner's or down on the promenade in front of the Atlas bar. It was a great place to just "People Watch".

All the shows were great! I probably was least interested in Hairspray but all the rest I'd give 10's to.

I am not sure why anyone needs a wake up call anymore. I used my cell phone alarm for the couple of times we needed to get up early.

If you are scheduled to go on this ship please go into it with a positive attitude. I can't imagine paying 5k for a vacation and coming out of it with negative impressions. Like I said in the beginning - go into it like you are going to have the best time ever and it will!

Don't believe last two posters about Oasis

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Iron ranger