3. Sapphire Princess
Of all the princess cruises I’ve been to, this ranks one of the lowest. The food was mediocre. Service mediocre. Tour excursion disappointing. We booked the phi phi island excursion ahead of time because of the famous maya bay. We were told that it’s closed and the excursion will stop at Bamboo island instead. We cancelled that excursion and booked James Bond island tour instead. Found out that they substituted the buffet lunch with box lunch. The box lunch comprised of a tiny cold burrito (yuk), an apple (not sure if it’s washed) and orange (dry and tasteless). The chip was the only thing that tasted ok. We found out they changed to box lunch more than two years. Princess continues to advertise as buffet lunch. James island was beautiful. But the bus and long tail boat ride to get there was more than 3 hours each way. I was feeling light headed by the time we were there. Excursion in Ko Samui Peace Resort was nice and relaxing. Actuhad a buffet lunch. Taste of Penang was on. The only thing I recommend to buy is the coffee. I wish I bought more. My major complaint about this cruise is the visa fee that princess charge each person. $56 whether you get off in Vietnam or not. That’s a rip off. Vietnam charges less than $10, princess kept the rest. Other cruise lines don’t rip off their customers like that. We didn’t know when we booked the no refundable cruise. Only found out when we log in to provide personal info. By then it’s too late. The one thing I highly recommend is the Zumba and ballet dance classes. Rachel was great!

Meh