3. MSC Musica
I embarked from Cape Town and unfortunately had a bit of a tough time with the weather so our cruise was delayed by two days. This however is not anyone's fault and totally understand MSC's reasoning for not embarking on the 24th. We only embarked the 26th January. Embarkation is a very long and tedious process. The waiting before going on board is crazy and very tiring. The ship is so beautiful. The staff on board is very welcoming and cheerful. I loved seeing a mixed diversity of people from all over the World. It was lovely interacting with staff who is willing to chat to you about their life on board, their country and culture and just about general things as well. Whenever I passed a staff member, they would greet with a friendly hello and smile :) The cabin I stayed in was okay however I was VERY disappointed to find a filthy used pair of underwear that didn't belong to myself or the person I shared the room with. I assume that the staff didn't clean correctly as there was a bit of a rush on the 26th. This shouldn't have been missed though. It was nasty and makes me question if the sheets were even changed. My dietary requirement is halaal and I was very disappointed to see the sad selection of halaal food in the buffet section on deck 13. There is a wide variety of halaal food that could have been catered for. Curry is not the only halaal food. In future, I would like to see a bigger variety of food in the halaal section :) Evening dinner was okay. We had a great waiter (Kurniawan). He was so helpful when selecting our meals. He was really friendly as well. The entertainment really blew me away from the shows in the theater to the live bands in the lounges to the daily activities on deck 13. Very impressed by the MSC's entertainment staff as well. They really know how to get the crowd hyped up and they make sure everyone is having fun. The service onboard was great! The receptionists were really helpful with whatever questions I had and they were very professional. We did some shopping onboard and each shop we went to we were greeted with smiles and good customer service. I purchased a spa package before embarkation and it's totally worth it! The masseuse, Maria, was so lovely and so good at her job. She made me feel comfortable and very relaxed. The spa facilities are great! The sauna and Turkish baths are amazing and so relaxing. 100% would recommend! Unfortunately, we booked a shore excursion for PE but it was canceled due to missing a few days on the boat so we never got to experience a sore excursion :( I would definitely cruise with MSC again. It was an enjoyable experience being onboard the MSC Musica.

First Time Cruiser with MSC

MSC Musica Cruise Review by Naeemah

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Africa

Naeemah’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Musica price drops

We also requested two single beds but got a double bed. We asked the staff to change it but the staff member said he will do it the next day which wasn't acceptable but we just left it because we were so over it.
  MSC Musica Deck Plans