Silver Spirit Cruise Review by Zebra2
- Sail Date: December 2018
- Destination: Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda Suite
1. Level of service was excellent from the pool waiters to our butler and cabin steward. The crew was very engaged in making sure you had whatever you needed to make the trip enjoyable. If you made a request for something, that person made sure you had it.
2. Food, unfortunately both quality and variety really fall short. We were on a 14 day cruise and the menu's in Atlantide (main dining room) and La Terazza hardly changed. By day 14 I did not even open the menu. The staff says the menu changes after a week, but what changes is maybe one appetizer selection or soup. The majority of the menu stays the same. The other problem is the quality of the food is varies. One night the entree may be delicious and a few nights latter the same choice not very good. This is especially true with the veal. There are several restaurants , which helps, but Silver Sea's still need to address this problem, because it is a problem.
3. Ship expansion. This really helped the flow of the ship. Restaurants are no longer crowded. Also, created more room around pool area which is nice.
4. Beds, the new mattress are very hard. They will put a foam topper on bed, if requested. Does help.
5. Dining time - Service is very very slow. It was not unusual for dinner to take 2 hours to complete. Long time between courses.
6. Entertainment - Shows now start at 10 pm (maybe because of the above). So we did not get to see any shows. They use to start at 9:30.
Bottom line, if food is not your priority or you are on a short itinerary, the Silver Spirit is a good choice. The friendly staff and beautiful ship certainly was enjoyable. We also found that the afternoon buffet had a very good carving station and lots of variety. So we ate more at lunch and less at dinner and came home weighing the same. But for what you pay for this cruise, you should not have to make compromises.
7. Excursions - Gibbs Bay (Grand Turk) - swim with stingrays. Wonderful- swim with stingray is optional, but the beach is beautiful.
Sailing St. Bart a little on long side and they do not serve lunch only snacks. Be careful, if you swim, current is strong.
4X4 Bridgetown - ride rough (yes I know its a 4X4), but also because the seats face into jeep - so you are having to turn to side to see front or back. Most sights not very interesting, don't need to see McDonalds or schools. Some beach stops beautiful.
Rum Factory & Beach Tour (St. Georges) bring bug spray - mosquitoes are terrible.
8. Spa services are great had massage and manicure. Be aware tip is added to your bill though NOT STATED on spa menu.
Would I sail again on Silver Spirit?- maybe
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Jeep 4X4 AdventureVery bumpy roads in Bridgetown and in a 4 X 4 not very comfortable. Not very many sights to see. The stops are the beach were nice. Do not recommend this. Heard cave tour was great.View All 44 Jeep 4X4 Adventure Reviews
Grand TurkBeautiful beach and lovely day.View All 2,063 Grand Turk Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Grand Turk Cruise Port Review
St. BartsLarge catamaran has bathroom facilities. Nice trip a little long.View All 169 St. Barts Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's St. Barts Cruise Port Review