3. Celebrity Edge
We booked this cruise over 2 years ago when it was first announced. I OBSSESSED over the ship for 2 years and watched every video I could get my hands on. When we finally walked onto the ship after 2 years of waiting with baited breath I was not disappointed. The ship looked exactly like it did in the concept 3D renderings. It was beautiful and modern, with so many beautiful spaces and art pieces. Embarkation, as others have said, was super easy. They did have to retake our photos, as the ones we uploaded prior to the cruise were too dark. This was frustrating at first, as they did not describe the process or the reason. But then we were done and could get on the ship! It was so nice to be able to head straight to the room and not have to lug around your carry on bag. When we walked into the room the floor to ceiling infinite veranda truly took your breath away. So many others have complained about the IV, but we loved it. We never closed the sliding windows between the room and the IV so it truly felt like the room went on forever. There was a ton of storage in the form of drawers around the table and many shelves around the closet. The bathroom was larger and so was the shower. We had an Aquaclass room, so the shower had numerous spray settings, including a rain shower and sprayers that sprayed from around torso level out. I used the torso level sprayers the first night and exited the shower into a small lake. The shower door is not sealed when closed so the water hits the door and pools onto the floor. Luckily I read the reviewers who reported the shower flooding and didn't panic. I'm not sure why this wasn't tested but I'm sure a change will be implemented soon. We were close to the aft elevators, which made getting to room super speedy. We really liked the outdoor spaces on the ship, as they all included large windows which made it feel like you could touch the ocean. The indoor spaces had the same floor to ceiling concept. Eden, by far the most polarizing spot of the ship, was a hit for us. We loved the large amount of greenery and overall color scheme of the space; it was very relaxing. We watched the Eden show for the first time and loved it, except for the fact that it literally almost made us fall asleep. The slow relaxing music, and the slow speed of the performers made it hard to stay awake after a long day. The show really could have been around 20 minutes, and not the 75 minutes that it was. Its also the same every time they do it, so you only need to go once. We liked the interactive nature of the performance, but then we are fairly outgoing people. If you don't want to participate the performers immediately back off. It is as interactive as you want it to be. We ate at the Eden restaurant and liked the food and the experience but likely wouldn't return. As much as we liked it I felt that it wasn't worth the price tag. I also feel like once you have experienced it there is not a reason to come back. Especially if you have already seen the Eden floor show. The hardest part for us was the much older age demographic onboard. Cruises always lean towards an older crowd, so we were expecting it. As we do not have children, we even prefer to be with an older crowd. I am 40 and my husband is 55. I am used to being one of the younger ones on a ship, but even my husband felt young in comparison. This was somewhat off-putting. Its possible that it was due to the small amount of excursions and large ship time, or possibly the week we went on. We had been on Reflection 3 times before and didn't notice the age. I thought that Celebrity was trying to attract a younger demographic but they haven't attracted them yet. We are going on the Amalfi Coast/Greek Islands cruise in August, so will see if that it any different. We LOVED The Club and the theme nights that were there. There was also a "White Party" by the pool that was a blast. Both nights had ship performers (singers and dancers) dressed up in the theme and "partying" with the guests. It made for a very fun and high energy feel. We are not normally late night people on a cruise but this ship made it so much fun. The gym was typically of a ship or hotel. I use the hand weight area which was painfully small. But if you love cardio machines there are a ton of high quality ones that look out onto the ocean through floor to ceiling windows.

Beautiful ship that we loved...mostly

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by melindaann31

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: AquaClass Stateroom with Veranda

melindaann31’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Edge price drops

• San Juan
    We had been to San Juan before, so we chose instead to walk around the town and go to the restaurant Marmalade. We were blown away and it should be a must see for any traveler. The food was the best we have ever had. We are big foodies living in Chicago so this is saying a lot.
    View All 3,783 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • America's Cup Regatta
    This was such a great excursion to experience. You have the option of actually working with the crew to race the sail boat. It is a strenuous cruise, however I was the youngest (40) passenger by about 25 years and everyone did a good job. You have the option of having a non-strenuous position, meaning you pretty much just ride along, but its so much fun to participate.
    View All 48 America's Cup Regatta Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    The ship was a basic scuba transport ship and not fancy, but the crew made the day. The snorkeling is not great, although we did see a turtle. The caves are also really neat to experience.
    View All 67 Snorkeling Reviews