3. Carnival Sensation
So let me start off by saying if this is your first cruise it will probably exceed your expectations because you have nothing to compare it to. However this is my third cruise and the third cruise line I’ve taken . In the past I’ve taken royal Caribbean and Norwegian. Carnival cruise line came in last place. I’m going o review the cabin, staff, food, and activities. The cabin: (3/5) The cabin space is a decent size. It does not have a couch or refrigerator. It does have a lot of closet space, a safe, and a normal size bathroom with shampoo and body wash. The things I didn’t like the bed which is 2 twin beds pushed together to create a king bed kept sliding apart from each other. There is nothing to hold the beds together. I also did not like the tv program was recorded shows and movies that kept playing over and over again the whole cruise. For those moments I wanted alone time in the room It was grueling watching tv. Staff: (2/5) The majority of the staff were awful. They had bad attitudes and acted like they did not want to be on board. I actually had a incident where a manicurist was talking trash about her client in front of me to her coworker. The manicurist called her client classless. I had another incident where I was asking a staff a question about the shi. he was so rude he interrupted me mid sentence, he was in such a panic so I told him to relax and asked him to let me finish. All he was doing was cleaning tables at the lido buffet room along with the 5 other staff , so I’m not sure why he was so rude. If you ask any of the other staff a question they either don’t know the answer, give you the wrong answer, or give you the right answer with an attitude. The staff was very lackluster. The only staff that I had a good experience with was our housekeeping,room attendant Rita and Deon the cruise activities director. Rita was very kind and helpful and Deon was fun, energetic and kind. The housekeeping made sure to smile and say good morning. Food: (2/5) The only food that was good was guys burgers. The lido buffet and fantasy/ecstasy dining room food has no flavor or seasoning. Activities: The activities onboard were average. The comedy was entertaining, comedian was funny. The music and show trivia was the best especially the ones the Deon hosted. Embarkation: This was a smooth, easy, and fast process. No problems here getting on or off the ship. Excursion: we did Damajagua waterfalls adventure through carnival. This was one of the most exhilarating and adventurous excursion we have done so far. Me and my partner jumped and slid down waterfalls into a river. First WARNING: there is a 40-45 minute hike uphill. This hike was so VERY difficult for someone like me who is not in shape however it is so worth it and it was a great way to work out. The first jump has 2 options to jump or take the ladder down into the river . 2nd WARNING ⚠️ The water is very cold. One lady went into shock when She went into the water she panicked because of the water temp and the floorless bottom of the water. We had life jackets so no one would drown. It is required to have water shoes they have rentals for $8 which were probably professional water shoes. I wish we would’ve rented versus buying them at Walmart. The tour guides are extremely helpful and they pretty much carried the terrified women down each waterfall. The tour included 7 slides and there was a guy who took pics and videotaped the adventure. At the end they sold the pics and video for $50.

Definitely not the Best