3. Carnival Breeze
Embarkation was smooth and we boarded the ship very quickly. We parked at the port that also added to the convenience. Our first meal was as at the Seaside BBQ. The BBQ was very good (chicken, pork and beef). The BBQ beans were not good. There were 4 in our group and we were all in agreement about the beans. My wife and Ihave been on over 12 cruises each. We have become complacent with the food. Over the past several years the main dining entrees have remained the same. Therefore, we do not eat in the main dining room every evening. We did eat the first elegant night and the service was great. The staff always called us by our name and we're very friendly. The food was good, but the lobsters are small and slightly over cooked which causes them to be tough/chewy. I had the Maui Maui and the sea bass on the trip and both were very good. We also had the flat iron steak and it was tough. Our favorite meal is having breakfast in the Plush dining room. The food is much better than the Lido breakfast. The eggs are cooked to order and the French toast is delicious. Manfredo provided great service at breakfast. I did eat breakfast a few times on Lido. I few times I got a lump of uncooked goo in my scrambled eggs. I enjoyed the musical entertainment on the ship. Travis played in the Red Frog Pub and was very good. We also listened to Patrick in the Piano Bar. He puts a lot of energy in his show. However, it is definitely 18+. Maybe 24+. Please do not take the kids, adults only. The Variety Violins playing in the Atrium were also very good for an alternative style of music. We did spend some time on the Lido deck around the main pool. It was very crowded and difficult to find a chair. Carnival does not prevent people from saving chairs early in the morning and not showing up until 10:00 or later. We also went to the Serenity deck and it was nice but still difficult to find an open seat. The four of us did the Turtle Cove excursion in St. Thomas. It was a good trip and we saw a lot of turtles. There were not a lot of fish. I guess the turtles ate the fish. The crew on the boat provided great service and very customer friendly. We also went to San Juan, Ambor Cove and Grand Turk. I was disappointed in Grand Turk. The pictures on the internet are much nicer. The beach was over crowed and a little trashy. I saw cups, beer bottle, broken glass and horse poop on the beach. The beer at Margeritaville is over priced. $32.99 + 18% gratuity and 11% tax. The waiter made sure we new the price before being seated. I di not think it was possible for ship beer to be cheaper, but it was. The shopping area was very clean, but don't expect any bargains. Debarkation on the final day was great. We do the self assist. We are Platinum and we met in the dining room at 6:30 and we were getting off the ship at 7:00 and I was in my car by 7:30. Overall, we had a great trip. Carnival provides a great experience for the price.

January Cruise

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by ledges1

ledges1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Interior
Cabin 4E 9385
The cabin was clean and our Steward was responsive to our request. Upon booking, we had requested single beds. Upon entering the room the beds were a King. The Steward corrected the beds while we were at dinner.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins