3. Britannia
Being able to fly direct from Belfast to Barbados to board Britannia was perfect and for my first cruise I wanted to be on a ship that I knew first hand from acquaintances was clean, friendly, helpful and whose website was very clear and informative for first time cruisers. I also felt it better for my first cruise to be on a British ship. I wasn't disappointed. The embarkation and disembarkation, travel to the ship and the complete stay was perfect. Everything ran smoothly and having an unexpected upgrade was the icing on the cake. The cruise visited 9 islands with only 4 sea days which was the perfect mix for me. Entertainment was very good and shows of a good quality. I would perhaps have liked a little variety across the two weeks though as the vast majority was the same on offer every day but it was good. Food variety was excellent and of a high quality. The only slight criticism was that the selection in the buffet while also excellent and good quality was a couple of times lukewarm or dried up but this was a very seldom observation and only affected maybe a couple of items from the vast array on offer.

Caribbean gems

Britannia Cruise Review by Nicola K

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean

Nicola K’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin A104
The cabin was a family room with 2 twin beds, sofa bed and a pull down bed. It was spacious, very clean and well laid out. The balcony had two deck chairs, a footstool, a table and two loungers with plenty of space to walk around. The cabin is at the very front, above the bridge and under the crow's nest but slightly further forward so there is no noise at all. Being so far forward there is no foot fall past the room except for your neighbor cabins. I worried there would be a lot of ship movement felt as I suffer motion sickness even in lifts, but there was very little felt. Cabin beds were very comfortable.

• Island Tour
    Informative but a bit boring. Plenty of photo opportunities but doesn't take you to anything specific and then drops you at a beach. I would have preferred to go directly by taxi to specific things but it was very expensive to go to something directly and back and harder for taxi drivers to get someone else to share with you and for them to make money so they preferred to pile a few people in to just drive them around a bit of the Island. Also printed out a self guided walking tour from a restaurant website and followed directions around Bridgetown and it was great and free. If I went again I would take my National Trust card to visit Bridgetown sites for free and then do a specific visit to a point of interest no matter the cost. This was probably the one Island I'd definitely consider actually doing a ship excursion as travel costs are high or I'd be more confident and use the busses.
    View All 121 Island Tour Reviews