3. Disney Dream
We’ve been to Orlando many times, we’ve therefore never explored much around Port Canaveral. Parking was easily sourced and cost approx $10/day. Transport to and from the port prompt and took around 10 minutes. We were told embarkation would be around 1330, although getting carried away we got there for 1130, no queue and we got straight on the ship. Staff were incredibly welcoming, the terminal is lovely and Mickey made an appearance. The welcome on board was amazing and all guests are introduced: “Welcome the ..... family”. This was a lovely touch. The atrium was beautifully decorated for Halloween, immaculately presented and very well organised overall. The luggage arrived at around 1630 so I would recommend taking on a small bag to incl suncream/swimwear and meds etc. Particularly as most want to try the amazing aqua duck slide! We popped into the buffet restaurant “Cabana’s”. This is a fantastic buffet, so much choice that will cater to all needs, it felt very organised and was extremely clean. Outside on the lido dec are places for pizzas, freshly cooked burgers etc plus amazing toasties. The best asset was the ice cream stations, single or dual whipped delights. There are plenty of drinks stations, complimentary hot teas, hot chocolate and coffees. They are served in takeaway cups making it good for early morning docked days. Disney offered a whole twinnings tea selection which is available all day, not just for breakfast time. We treated ourself to a FWD balcony, this price on release was around £50 more expensive than the inside cabin. They are fantastic, spacious and well appointed cabins. Separate toilet and sink and the cabin had its own bath with shower over. Bathrooms stock the popular H2O products. Linen is fantastic, plenty of storage space, and lovely touches throughout the cabin. Turn down service included Gharadelli chocolates!! The crew throughout the ship were faultless, they couldn’t do enough for us. There was an amazing timetable of activities that will cater to all tastes, and given that it’s a Disney cruise line, it doesn’t feel over run with children. Disney went all out and we experienced the “Pirates in the Caribbean” show followed by fireworks at sea (weather always permitting) The most incredible show I’ve ever seen at sea. Also included were matching bandanas to compliment pirate night, fancy dress clearly optional, although some had outstanding costumes. Halloween was filled with character dances, trick or treating bags given out with multiple candy stations. There are multiple character “meet and greets”, again, this doesn’t feel too much. The Queues were very civilised. Dining: When you’re given your cruise card, you will see initials at the bottom, this indicates what main dining restaurants you’ll go to. You rotate the dining places, on our 3 nights we didn’t repeat any as there are only 3, but they will never bore you so this shouldn’t be an issue, what is amazing is your dining staff, waiter, drinks waiter etc, will rotate with you. The food and it’s choices were the best I’ve ever experienced. Staff again were faultless and so attentive. The buffet isn’t open of an evening, although there are places around the lido to grab takeout etc. Entertainment: The only show we managed was Disney’s newest show, Beauty and the Beast, I cannot recommend this show enough. Even my teenager was speechless afterwards! Our destinations were Nassau and Disney’s private island of Castaway Cay, we’ve been to Nassau before so we took our own taxi to Cabbage Beach, it’s a lovely beach although quite crowded when we went. We felt very safe and didn’t feel too pestered by sellers this time. Castaway Cay was something else and I would recommend this itinerary to anyone. If you chose you can run the castaway cay 5k, it’s free to enter, you get off the ship first and at the end get a lovely medal as a momentum. Now, I’m NO athlete but we decided to do it anyway and I’m so glad we did. There are lots to do on the island, plenty of options to hire bikes (you can cycle the island/landing strip etc) snorkelling and kayaks. If you book in time, and there are any left, you can hire a private cabana, I found that this was quite expensive and I wouldn’t have wanted to leave this and explore the island itself. I think they were around $500. Lunch/drinks/ice cream are served on the island so no need to walk back to the ship. The times were around 1230-2 (approx times) bars also available if that’s more of a preference. There is a shuttle to the beach area, if not it’s about a 10 minute pleasant walk. Overall, I know Disney is seen as an expensive cruise, I believe as a family we got extremely great value for money. There is nothing I would change and budget permitting I cannot wait to go on another one. I think it suits all ages, kids old and young, no kids, etc! I think there’s something to suit all tastes. My only regret is that we didn’t pick a longer sailing.

Exceptional and magical!