3. Majesty of the Seas
First of all we chose this cruise for the destination, not the ship. But, after reading the reviews of Majesty I thought I was on the wrong ship. I was expecting ripped carpeting, doors falling off, rust everywhere in the bathroom, lumpy beds, and especially bad food. But, we found non of it. Yes, the ship is old and small, the rooms are cozy and the decor is dated, but, as I said in my opening, this cruise is picked for the destination not the ship. We had an interior room on level 5 and our steward Allen did a fantastic job of keeping it clean. The rooms are small, so deal with it, if your planning on staying in your room for the whole trip, save yourself the effort. A big part of cruising is meeting people, exploring and just enjoying yourself. We were part of a party of 8 and every night at 7:30 we met in someones room and had wine, it was very cozy to say the least. Our waiter was Vilson with Wasi as his assistant and they made sure we had everything possible. On the first night we ordered sliced tomatoes with blue cheese and every dinner after that there were tomatoes and blue cheese on our table before we got there. The food was average cruise food. My wife and I have been on about 40 cruises and this food was pretty much what was expected. When cooking for 2000 guests, it's hard to get everything perfect for everyone. On ship entertainment was pretty much old cruise entertainment, they don't have the same facilities as Symphony or Harmony, so they pretty much do what they can with their stages. The Lionel Richie impersonator was pretty good, the comedian was okay. During embarkation it too a little longer than normal because of Cuba documentation, but, it was tolerable, disembarkation was a breeze. Key west was Key West, we walked around awhile had a couple of cocktails and got back on ship, we really didn't need any more tee shirts or other stuff. Getting off the ship in Cuba was a bit of an annoyance, but, realizing it we are not the most favored tourists, everyone involved with Cuban Customs were okay. The lines got a little long, but, not enough to ruin a good time. Now Cuba, we had booked a day long tour with Your Havana Tour and it was better than perfect. Our tour guide, Lyly, asked what we wanted out of our tour and her best to provide that. We walked thru Old Havana, saw houses in Mirabell, went to the Revolution Square, had lunch at a Paladar, and after dinner on the ship, we were provided transportation to the Tropicana. After a night of consuming way too much Havana Club and dancing to Cuban Music, Lyly made sure we arrived safely back at our ship. Of course, we had time to purchase cigars, coffee and rum and do a little exploring ourselves, but, I wish we had more time in Cuba. I would have liked to see the country side, but, maybe another trip. At no time was did we feel unsafe, we never got hassled for tips, or anything like that. One thing to watch out for is there are a lot of dogs on the streets of Old Havana and you know what dogs leave behind.... For someone who wants to see Havana, doesn't mind close quarters and has an open mind, this trip would fit the bill. If your expecting Specialty Restaurants, larger rooms, 42 inch TV's. etc. Stick with an Oasis class ship.

Wow, I thought I was on the wrong ship.

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Mr_Mare

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Mr_Mare’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 4V 552*
Small, but, definitely doable.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins