3. Norwegian Sky
We traveled on the Norwegian Sky and our first stop was cancelled due to inclement weather which is very understandable. Still, we were late getting into our second port of call in Nassau and we departed from Nassau hours earlier than I expected. On the way to Havana, the ship apparently had engine issues and delayed our arrival significantly and then we were not able to disembark until 1930 and had to be back on board by 0500. We only experienced a little over 3 hours in Havana and it was after dark. We were not able to see any of the city during daylight. Making matters worse, the Captain only gave scant details as to the issues the ship was facing in regards to engine problems, arrival delays and weather. A little more information would have greatly eased the stress of not knowing. My wife has been on multiple cruises although this was my first and most definitely last cruise. She wanted to introduce me to the cruise experience and I can state it was far below even minimal expectations. The staff on board were exceptional and very courteous. The food and drinks were very good. The bingo was way overpriced. The entertainment was exceptional on all nights except the first. We left the first night entertainment because the host took well over a half hour introducing cruise personnel. Bottom line, regardless of the exceptional staff, the Captain ruined the cruise experience for me, because of his unconcerned tone when delivering scant information about the problems the ship was experiencing. Also, the very late time we were allowed to disembark in Cuba with a predawn departure made the trip less than worthwhile. I was very disappointed and sadly say I do not plan on ever going on a cruise again.

Broken engine and extremely limited time in port

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Griffin6

• Sail Date: December 2018
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Aft-Facing Balcony
Griffin6’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Aft-Facing Balcony
Cabin B1 8078
Nice balcony. Average room.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins