Seabourn Encore Cruise Review

Seabourn Encore Cruise Review by Winslow990

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite

This is a nice cruise ship.

Before going I had read some negative comments about the larger Seabourn boats.

This proved to be completely unfounded,as at no point did it feel crowded and we did not have to wait for any meals in the main restaurant or the Colonaide.

Bar service was brilliant in the Club and Pool Deck.

Overall cleanliness and repair is first class on what is addmitidly a new boat.

The crew were without exception pleasant and easy going. There were obviously a few new people on the crew but they seemed to settle down quickly into the routine.

The passengers were a nice mix of Americans,Europeans and Antipodeans which gave the ship a relaxed and pleasant vibe.

We failed to get into a couple of places due the weather but unfortunately that’s the thrill of cruising. The issue was dealt with well by customer services in my view.They did however take a bit of unnecessary grief from a small group of passengers but most people carried on relaxing and eating and drinking.

Embarkation and disembarkation were well run.

The only issue that in my view was a problem concerned passports.These were kept by the ship for the entire cruise,however you needed photo ID in the ports in NZ, this was not advised prior to travelling and caught a few people out. I have registered my displeasure with Seabourn and my agent. Purely by chance my wife and I were carrying our driving licences as we were going to hire a car later in Australia.

The cabins are lovely with loads of storage and everything worked.

The only unpleasant room on the boat is the gym which as on all cruise ships is ludicrously hot.

Overall great cruise with some nice people and a good crew.

Winslow990's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Suite
Cabin V5 735

Clean tidy ,loads of storage.Cabin was fairly midships and generally quiet and cool.

Good balcony and a very nice bathroom.

Winslow990