Carnival Legend Cruise Review

Sad decor

Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Abbott18

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Interior with French Door (obstructed views)

This cruise came up for a great price. Both my husband and myself hadn't cruised with Carnival before so we were keen to give them a go. My daughter and her husband had cruised on the Spirit and were very happy when they went a couple of years ago.

Once on-board the Legend, our initial reactions were that we were surprised at the dated and over the top decorations! They are certainly not to our taste! In fact,very very unpleasing to the eye. However, this should not deter from the overall experience. Other factors influence us as well.

The pros:

#I have coeliacs and need to have gluten free food. Carmen looked after me very well and ensured that i had gluten free food every day . I could not have asked for a better person to assist me!

#Great cabin size

#Fun activities offered through out the day and evening that include, an assortment of trivia led by fun staff, good night time shows in the theatre, hilarious comedians at Punchline, dance lessons, crafts and movies shown on sea days inside the Firebird lounge.

#Well equipped gym with an indoor spa and great showers with massaging shower heads from the side as well as the top of the shower stalls.

#The adults only section, "Serenity"...loved hanging around here without noisy ill mannered children!

The Cons

# poorly organised muster...this was a joke. Everyone either piled onto the port side or the starboard side of the ship. Put roughly into 4 or 5 long lines and expected to see a safety demonstrations past hundreds of people. Then mayhem getting off the deck!

#Anytime dinner. Always lines to get in the restaurant and then given a buzzer to alert us when the table was ready. From what we could see, there was always free tables inside, but not enough staff. The staff were always running around busy.

# Staff inside the restaurant were so busy, we couldn't even have a conversation with them to ask a simple question!

# The food was very average and at times just not very fresh. I understand that we are at sea, but do not give black bananas or black lettuce on a plate

#Unlabelled gluten free food in the buffet

#In some parts of the buffet, people helped themselves to the food, it is healthier for the staff to dish out the food as some passengers have no idea about hygiene.

Abbott18's Full Rating Summary

Interior with French Door (obstructed views)
Cabin 4K 4114

The cabin was good size and include a queen sized bed with a 2 seater sofa in it.

The hanging space was adequate for a 9 day cruise. The bathroom had a shower and was fairly average for a cruise ship.

There was a little noise at night from the club down stairs, but this did not really bother us.

However, the noisy air conditioner fan did. It could not be adjusted or turned off. This affected my sleep. The bed and pillows were super comfortable. The location near the theatre was very convenient at night time after the performances. It was also easy to walk upstairs to the gym area.

Abbott18