3. Norwegian Escape
NCL texted me several times over a period of days prior to boarding. All the texts advised us not to arrive at the terminal before 10:30am to avoid delays in boarding. We arrived at noon and waited in line with 4000 other guests for over 3 hours not moving one inch. NCL used PA to announce they had to disinfect the entire ship due to CDC protocols. The previous cruise had a high percentage of a infectious GI virus. They finally started boarding about 3pm. NCL clearly knew this was going to be required well in advance of boarding date. NCL could and should have used text system to advise guests of the health risk and long delays. Conceling this information until we where herded into the terminal is unethical and dangerous to our health. I personally saw an elderly woman collapse in line and had to helped from the line. The elderly and people with weak immune systems where put at risk for profit. NCL should be ashamed of thier treatment of thier guests. Once onboard we experienced long delays for all services, restaurants had long lines, recreation activities had delays or where simply not available ie mini golf, ping pong. The staff had a bad attitude either over worked or maybe still ill. Whatever the reason they where disinterested in providing the level of service required. Staff would often turn thier back on the lines of people waiting. They would converse among themselves they would laugh like joking but spoke in lanaguges I didn't understand. Whatever they where discussing clearly it wasn't reducing wait lines. We went to one show on the first night but several people where coughing and with all the health concerns we left early and decided to avoid confined spaces the rest of the trip. We have cruised many times all over the world. This was by far our worst experience. I wrote to NCL requesting a partial refund based on the unacceptable service. As of this date NCL has ignored my request.

Delays due to CDC virus protocols

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by rcribbie

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

rcribbie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD 13902
Our cabin and housekeeping where satisfactory.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Snorkeling
    The tour boat and staff where ok. However once on the site it was bedlam. Dozens of boats with hundreds of people desended on a small area. I was kicked several times by other people, I saw several close calls where boats almost hit swimmers. Boat staff where yelling St swimmers to move out of the way. Barbados needs to look at this before someone gets hurt or worse.
    View All 68 Snorkeling Reviews