• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Zuiderdam Review

Editor Rating
32 Awards

I would recommend this cruise

Review for Zuiderdam to Canada & New England
musiclovingmom
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2018
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

This is a great cruise itinerary. I highly recommend it, even though rough seas kept us from visiting Prince Edward Island.

Of course, the staff on the ship are great. Cruise ship staff never cease to amaze me. We like this size ship; not super small, but not huge.

The food was wonderful. I love the big salad bowls in the Lido. We had friendly and attentive staff in the dining room. We were very satisfied with the menu choices and presentation.

Interior Stateroom

Cabin K

This was an excellent stateroom. It was huge, and though it is an interior stateroom, it has a window that peeks out onto the observation deck. We could easily pop out onto the deck to watch whales and other wildlife. The only issue was the ridiculously loud staff party overhead. I guess we should have called guest services right away to complain, instead of waiting till morning.

Port Reviews

Bar Harbor

If you have a national parks card, you can hop on public buses that take you all around Acadia National Park. The buses make many stops where you can get off and hike or just enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Newport

Cute town. We walked around a bit, took a bus to the Breakers and toured the mansion, and took the cliff walk (I think that’s what it’s called) back to the downtown to tender back to the ship.

Halifax

It was very easy to navigate our way around with the help of a tourist map. The public gardens were beautiful even in the rain!

3 Helpful Votes