3. Celebrity Summit
Everything leading up to the cruise & all of my plans turned out to be a nightmare including my mothers plane flight being cancelled at 3:30am the day we were to fly & had to get her a new ticket! All that changed when we got to the open arms of Celebrity........& BOY DO I MEAN OPEN ARMS!!!!! From the moment you walk into the building until you are shaking the hand of the cruise director & the officers dis-embarking you are coddled, you are loved! First off I want to straight up say this. Celebrity is the most incredible righteous honest easy to deal with cruise line & business to do business with ever!!!!!! I won't go into details out of respect for them but they cost themselves $$ M$O$N$E$Y $$ by giving it back to us & flipping some things around to OUR benefit. WHO does THAT NOWADAYS???!!!!! My daughters & I are sailing Royal March 25th & we bought a dining package & had to select a time to eat. I can't even change ONE TIME to 6:30 out of those nights to make a special event, just saying....sister company too. It doesn't really matter at this point because of the total refurbishment within days but I have to comment, yes if I looked under a microscope I could pick up on reflections of repaired damage from some immature moron. Honestly the ship is gorgeous, immaculately clean & awesomely looked after. I understand the group after us had some mechanical issues with thrusters. Anything in the corrosive salt water gets damaged, it's just a fact plus wear & tear on anything used as much by so many people like it is on that ship is expected. Being a Cruise Critic member I also want to give prompts to Sorin Manager of the deck 10 main Buffet & of the specialty Dinners "Grilling under the Stars" & both Specialty restaurant maitre d & their assistants for Qsine & Tuscan Grill. They not only ALWAYS had EXCEPTIONAL food & I mean EVERYTHING all the time!!! They also accommodated a group of up to 25 of us & worked us VERY nice discounted deals. When we went to eat it was how many of each would you like & how would you like that prepared, it was perfect every time!! Being a foodie I can definitely agree Celebrity is a step up when it comes to chow time ALL DAY LONG! Main Dining Room: Food again ALWAYS EXCELLENT!! We had Supel whom his mom should have named SUPER, but we called him Supel with an L for LOVE cause that is all this man did was bring us love. His assistant Sebastian would show nothing but joy as he gladly removed the plates & helped deliver the goods. These two were so on top of their game that it got me to thinking what they might be required to have to do to pass the interview process, like remember 200 names, what they like to eat, can't eat and what they like for desert, & what to drink along with their children's names IN FIVE MINUTES. Once again how many of each & how would you like them prepared. They always had a suggestion for the best meal so i always got that one too, they were ALWAYS right. Lobster tail night... Kept em coming! I had eight Hehe! They aren't small either. YUM! Cheesecake caramel topping a must. Escargot everyday. Shrimp Cocktail everyday. Entertainment was off the hook!! Finally the comedian used not only the F word but we could have sex jokes and a normal Comedy performance!! If you've ever cruised Holland America with me you'd know what I mean. Don't get me wrong very luxurious very upscale very nice too PROPER for me! Only do them for itinerary & after Celebrity probably never again. The house band consisted of very gifted individual performers placed together to create a band. The skill & gifted levels of these performers were incredible like Chris the acoustic guitar playing singer I would sing along with occasionally at the top of the atrium stairs every evening, whom also opened one of the grand performances one night. Very gifted young man! Main house band consisted of a group that totally rocked the house!! this lil girl and this drummer could sing oh boy THEY BRING IT BOYS & GIRLS!!!!!!!! The guitarist is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! Two little gals playing violin are OFF THE CHARTS!!!! Football being very popular on our cruise with College bowl games & NFL playoff games over two weekends was made to be a total blast in the Casino Sports bar - WHAT AN INCREDIBLE PLACE! Bars Lounges: Went up to the front up on top to the main bar a few times for band performances on theme nights. Definite fun & where to go if you wanna get your boogie on & dance. Also where your M & G will be for Cruise Critic with many of the officers showing up including the captain. We had 96 Members in our group I believe on this cruise. It was the most wonderful group of my life & we had the best day ever chartering the Kata Mambo Catamaran in Martinique!!! A MUST DO!!! Contact VIRGINIE!!!!!! BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!! FOOD, OPEN BAR ALL DAY!!! SAIL WITH DOLPHINS & SNORKEL!!!! UNDER $100 US anyways back to bars lol got excited there again, wonderful fun!!!!! Our tight CC group of maybe 15 inc some new friends we met hung out continuously at the Martini bar which is frozen on the whole surface of the bar. Very neat Very fun place to hang out for sure!! PREMIUM LIQUOR PACKAGE A MUST got a screaming deal on the upgrade on Black Friday. Had the alcohol package as a perk. You can't believe how good you can drink and how well they take care of you! People whom have said you can't get a drink or you had to wait, BS! I would walk up they would say Monkey Shoulder Mr. Chad?! Keisha the BEST OF THE BEST whom worked the pool bar all day & the casino bar all night specially got me a bottle purchased & delivered to the casino bar so I didn't have to keep walking the length of the ship to the only bar that had it. Marlon outside at the pool bar was quite a personable young fellow from Jamaica. He was all bout the guests but Keisha is the STAR of the cruise as bar tenders go for sure and a close second goes to the new blonde girl on first contract at the Martini bar who definitely earned her wings on this cruise & Keisha's assistant at the casino bar was a decent young man too. The lady working the coffee bar is really pleasant & one young personable gentleman really stood out here as well one morning but I failed to get his name. I could never forget my wonderful exceptional beautiful polite kind incredible ladies Guest Relations Officers Emma & Stephanie down at the main office. Always pleasant always helpful & completely wonderful!! As I said earlier the best ever to do business with!!! These two ladies along with other officers whom signed a photo captain included, sent me a card thanking me for being the best guest possible and the finest bottle of wine I have ever tasted from Celebrities private reserve. I would like to state clearly that I nor my mother are anyone special. Celebrity just rocks! They also sent us invites to the sail away in Antigua on the HELIPAD! We were in a regular Oceanview room with two twin beds!!! I am an almost double digit cruiser having even been in an owner suite and only have I ever seen a helipad through a window! lol! Doesn't matter if you're on the ship or call into their office you get the same incredible wonderful attitude & treatment which is very easy to deal with. They truly do business the old fashioned way!! They EARN it!!! I do want to also take the time to mention a man that had a very important job though some would not think so, a man whom made an impact on most people every day in the morning & early afternoon, a man whether you knew his name as DONOVAN or not. I am almost sure that you heard him singing & were most likely greeted by him on the 10th floor before entering the pool deck or the buffet. Donovan was in charge of giving a squirt of antibacterial lotion to everyone. There were many with this duty but this man was different he gave a shot of love & joy & positive energy with every squirt of antibacterial jelly EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF EVERY DAY!!! My hat is off to this man & he deserves a promotion so big he needs a couple of days off to absorb it. Seriously everywhere you looked as well as everyone that you dealt with treated you wonderfully!! They remembered your name plus tons of things about you including children names interests etc. Every time I think of Celebrity Summit I just wanna get back on it!!!!! I do want to let you know that we were the group to close down the bar, the group to make the band performances & the group to get the party started & keep it going. Moral of the story I guess is if you set on your fanny on the outside looking in you might not have as much fun as we did taking advantage of all of the wonderful party tools & atmosphere Celebrity provides! Best cruise of my life! Thank you to Celebrity. Thank you to all of my new cruise friends as well. Don't hesitate to book Celebrity & or book the Summit TODAY!!!!

Jan 5th 2019 50th Birthday cruise 1st time Celebrity

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by chad1969

chad1969’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Ocean View 4
Cabin 04 2155
Our Oceanview cabin which I am not sure about the category & really didn't care. I had a shot at the bid up program but didn't get it probably due to bidding the least possible amount or the ship being truly sold out. This room was outstanding & our room steward did her job adequately. There was no towel animals nor night clothes turned into living legends nor moving figures. Standard chocolates on your daily planner. Nothing wrong with that.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Antigua
    Valley Church Beach ALL DAY LONG!!! WOW!!! Rode the local bus, so easy & so cheap! Busses run this road constantly & it was so awesome to ride with the locals!! Most busses here are vans so you get to know the passengers & they tell you all about the place & things you see! Can't go wrong!!!
    View All 1,535 Antigua Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antigua Cruise Port Review
  • Barbados
    Barbados Rocks!! Harbor Lights SUCKS they robbed us & wouldn't give our money back!!! The cruise line changed itinerary around. SO GLAD THEY DID because we went to BOATYARD..... A MUST DO!!!!!! AWESOME PARTY & FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!! What a PARTY!!!!!!! Gorgeous beach and several FUN WATER TOYS & SWINGING ROPES!!!!! Free taxi back too!!!!
    View All 1,504 Barbados Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barbados Cruise Port Review
  • Dominica
    Made a deal with the taxi's to go to Mero Beach. WOW!! Drop Dead Gorgeous!!! GO GO GO if you love the beach. Cheap great everything & the people want you to know you're safe & they love us!!! :) Great music on da beach!!!!!
    View All 698 Dominica Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Dominica Cruise Port Review
  • Grenada
    Went to grand Anse Beach here & took the water taxi for a $10 RT Easy Breezy but they do tend to overload the boat and some people act silly. They're gonna do it one way or another so it is just better to set still or walk up the hill & take the bus for $2.50 Caribbean. Gorgeous beach beach massages cheap & ice cold beers.
    View All 629 Grenada Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grenada Cruise Port Review
  • Martinique
    We did a private excursion as a group with 27 Cruise Critic members on the KATA MAMBO HUGE CATAMARAN!! Virginie works setting up the trips. OMGOSH WHAT INCREDIBLE FUN!!!! Contact them if you are EVER GOING TO MARTINIQUE!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!! They take individuals and form their own groups too. You don't need to have your own huge group but gosh was that FUN!!!!!!!!!! BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!
    View All 349 Martinique Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Martinique Cruise Port Review
  • San Juan
    Barrachina restaurant in old San Juan will store your luggage for you for a tip from 9 am until 5 pm which makes it nice for walking around waiting for flights out. Condal Tapas restaurant is AMAZING!!! Rooftop dining. We had drinks Veal chops & Lamb Chops for dinner that were the best ever!!! OMGosh don't miss this place in Condado which is VERY close to both cruise piers and is open for lunch and dinner!! TOP NOTCH 5 star!!!!
    View All 3,677 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • St. Croix
    Beaches right near ship are fine and water is really gorgeous!! We came in on a Sunday & I read town is dead on Sundays as it should be on the Lords day. It was also my B day so I wanted to stay close to that premium liquor package! :)
    View All 419 St. Croix Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Croix Cruise Port Review
  • St. Kitts
    We went to cockleshell beach & the Reggae bar. The bar was cool and we got GREAT massages from the awesomely experienced girls there for $35 again of course we tipped as well the one has a new baby. The beach however was VERY crowded chair packed tight next to each other in rows tight together with avenues every once in awhile to head towards the roped off swimming area which was also very small. Tons of fish. It was overcast this day so the water didn't have any sparkle either.Too packed for me so in March we are taking the $49 catamaran to nevis for 5 hours over to Pinneys beach which looks promising and hopefully keeps that 5 star rating or I will drop it to 4 if not. I say 4 because where the Caribbean meets the Atlantic on this island is GORGEOUS!!!!
    View All 1,667 St. Kitts Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Kitts Cruise Port Review
  • St. Lucia
    Reduit beach crowded and people bug the heck out of you here but it is very pretty! Very steep beach with heavy currents for getting in & out. Going to island tour & beach hop in March heading towards the Pitons with:

DANIELS TAXI & TOURING
    air conditioned Mitsubishi 4x4 that runs impeccable
    (758) 715-1288
    Daniels number is good on WhatsApp as well let him know you got his info from chad or off of cruise critic Bc he gave me a full day price for 3 of us at $175 from 8-5 including rum punch and juices Thats cheap for a 3 hour RT to the Pitons alcohol juices and all day driving to the falls the mud baths and all the beaches along they way!!! Daniel is in his early 60's and was shown much respect as we drove through town with many waves & hello's from all different kinds of folks so that is why I set up with him to take the girls and I in March. He is incredibly attentive and extremely useful & way willing to accommodate so please feel free to check him out.
    View All 1,371 St. Lucia Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Lucia Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maarten
    Definitely do the RT water taxi here for $7 us pp. Went to Maho beach and did the plane thing finally. OFF THE HOOK FUN FOR EVERYONE!!! My 74 year old mother LOVED IT!!! Beach massages 1 hour $35 They braided moms hair Jamaican style too. Been here at least 9 times and never went to Maho. I'll be baaaaaaacccccckkkkkk!
    View All 4,662 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review
  • St. Vincent
    Indian Bay Beach is Gorgeous for sure!! For swimming snorkeling or anything you want to do!!! Indigo Dive has a $40 3 hour 3 stop snorkel and is a VERY NICE family ran operation with the family being from Switzerland. Great people! Call them to dive or snorkel as it's first come first serve & they pick up & drop off right up at the front of the cruise pier through the shops by the entrance.
    View All 109 St. Vincent Cruise Port Reviews