3. Norwegian Getaway
My husband and I were originally scheduled to cruise on the Bliss last October. We had to cancel that one. So, we decided to go on this one instead. We have only been on one other Norwegian cruise, several years ago, on a Mediterranean cruise. But, we are experienced cruisers, having previously sailed on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Princess. We found the ship to be very closed in and crowded. They had a lot of activities and shows in the atrium rather than in one of the lounges or the theater. It gets really crowded and cramped and hot. And, there are very few seats. So, a lot of people have to stand around in order to see. The venues were crowded, too. We tried to go to Howl at the Moon one evening and it was standing room only. There were people literally out the door. I love that they have an adults only area (Spice H2O). And, the area is nice, with a little pool with waterfall columns and a couple of hot tubs. But, there is no shade on that deck whatsoever. We had a specialty dining package and found the food in the specialty restaurants to be excellent. The buffet, however, was lacking. The buffet lacks variety - the same food was repeated on different parts of the buffet rather than having different items. The buffet food is edible; but not great. The service throughout the ship was just ok - not great; but not horrible either. We're used to having room stewards, bartenders, and servers who are always smiling and welcoming. This time, it seemed like everyone was just doing their job; but nothing more. I certainly didn't get a sense that any of the service team wanted to be there. We enjoyed the Cirque and Burn the Floor shows. But, the comedians weren't all that funny. The Escape the Big Top escape room was fun. I would recommend going only if you have a big group who can participate together. And, most of the puzzles are really hard. Plan on being early. They will turn people away at the door if you show up late. Overall, we had a good time. But, I'm not sure that we will cruise on Norwegian again. There are a lot of upcharges. And, since you have to make reservations for everything, it's not really "freestyle" cruising.

Noisy cabin; Poor service; Good specialty restaurants & entertainment

brandy4598’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Mid-Ship Inside Stateroom
Cabin IA 13629
There was a humming sound in the cabin that never went away. And, we found the storage space (shelving, drawers, etc.) to be lacking. But, the bathroom was a good size and had sufficient space to put all of our toiletries.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins