3. Carnival Dream
This was our second cruise on the Dream once before the dry dock. Must say the 2017 dry dock did the Dream some good! Honestly, I had reservation about booking again on the Dream since our first time it was just ok. The additions of Guy's Pig & Anchor and Blue Iguana Cantina were big hits for us on this trip. We did have the late seating for dinner in the Scarlet Dining Room. Our waitstaff was decent with no major faults. The dining room appeared to be at 60% percent occupancy. Not sure if the lack of occupancy was from the many anytime dining goers or cruisers utilizing several pay restaurants. We enjoyed our Steakhouse night on the first cruise night and having a complementary bottle of wine put us in the relaxation mood! I wouldn't call the Steakhouse fine dining but the extra attention and food quality is well worth a visit at least one night. Being a frequent Carnival cruiser we have noticed the cutbacks and such. One of those I believe is with the waitstaff as they are not as attentive as they used to be. Just 5 years ago, I recall them anticipating my needs before I ever needed to ask. One example is the Bubbles package, if you have it and after the first night dining with them, every night thereafter you would have your soda brought to you before asking. This doesn't happen or hasn't happened to us for the last 4/5 years. The Playlist shows were good and the talent was top notch. We enjoyed 80s Pop to the Max, Flick, and American Rocks! We sat on the lower lounge area and always had a great view of the show. Everyone should see at least one (if not all) of the shows, we skip Hasbro and Love & Marriage. Our ports included Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel which all had their unique qualities. We did not use any excursions through Carnival and always book independently. Our favorite was the Cave Kayaking in Belize with ViV tours. As it turned out, my husband and I were the only two people with our guide on the Kayak tour and it was amazing having his full attention. He did a great job telling us about Belize, pointing out fun things in the cave, and some how convinced my husband and I to hold a tranchula that was just hanging by the side of the path. Even though most excursions are not close to the Belize City cruise port, it is a shame if you chose to stay on the ship. Belize is a tender port and it takes about 15-20 minutes to arrive at the dock. The Dream sailed out of NOLA and embarkation and disembarkation was easily navigated. We parked at the cruise port for about $140, we spit the cost with our friends which made the port parking more economical. We drove right into the garage, the porter met us immediately, took our bags, and then we drove up 2 floors and parked. From parking garage to Lido with a drink in our hand was less than one hour. All my hesitations about sailing Dream again quickly faded once on board. Barring any major breakdown, unusual defect, or unusual cosmetic wear and tear I see no reason we would sail the Dream again.

Sweet Dreams!

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by a1m1y9

a1m1y9’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8G 10240
We stated on the Lido deck (10) with a balcony room and we loved the convenience of walking to Lido restaurant or Guy's burger and enjoy our brunch on our balcony. We budget allows we try to stay on the Lido deck for all cruises - Location - Location - Location!
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins