3. Azamara Journey
We chose this cruise line because of its itinerary and the Journey being a small ship: 690 passengers. We have been on small ships before and have thoroughly them. The itinerary was Cuba intensive: 3 full days in Havana, 1 day in Cienfuegos, and overnight in Santiago. The ship was great as was the food and service. Officers and captain were very visible. Highly recommend Azamara. Currency exchange in all 3 ports in Cuba. 10% penalty for US$. No penalty for Euros or Canadian. No problem getting off the ship and doing own thing in Cuba. In fact after the first day in Havana, we didn't even have to go through customs. We didn't do Azamara shore excursions as for many years I have hired private tour guides. In Havana we used Blexie Tours. I highly highly recommend them. We had a private guide, George, and classic cars for 2 of our 3 days in great shape with a/c. The third day we went on our own just soaking up the ambiance of the city. Very friendly people. In Cienfuegos I used Fer Tours. Good tour as well. Not as great as Blexie in Havana but then there is not as much to see in Cienfuegos. Traveled in a classic car in great shape. In Santiago used Out of the Box Tours. Maike (spelling??) was our guide. Highly recommend this tour as well. I could have paid for this tour in US$. Many times you have to pay to use the bathrooms and sometimes no toilet paper. Would recommend having small denominations of coins like 25, 50 cents to use and take toilet paper. You should tip 10% in restaurants. Our guides we tipped considerably more. 25-35% per couple.

Azamara Journey trip to Cuba

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by girls5

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Cuba
  • Cabin Type: Club Veranda Stateroom

You should tip 10% in restaurants.

Our guides we tipped considerably more. 25-35% per couple.
girls5’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Journey price drops

Club Veranda Stateroom
Cabin V1 7080
Comfortable bed. Small shower but then all ships have small showers. Balcony for 2 people with large table. Very nicely appointed. Cabin stewards were wonderful as always.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins