3. Viking Baldur
The Netherlands is my favorite destination when I travel. When I saw the "Tulips and Windmills" cruise, I knew I had to sign up. Amsterdam is so beautiful in many ways. The Dutch are delightful and very friendly. Amsterdam has soooo much to see. I've been to Amsterdam at least 7 or more times and I can still find things to do and see. This trip not only spends 3 days in Amsterdam but also some lovely towns I had not been to. So I found myself wanting to go so much, I went by myself. This was the first time I ventured out on my own with Viking. Having sailed with Viking on four previous trips, I knew I could do this! I made my reservation and began planning for the trip. My only fear was "who would I eat dinner with??" Funny how things turn out. The minute I boarded the ship, I met a single woman traveling with a friend. We started talking, hit it off, and Voila! I had some people to eat dinner with and ended up spending time on many of the excursions. Along the way I met a couple from Charleston, South Carolina and all of us became instant friends. In fact, the couple (Suzanne and Andy) and I have already planned and reserved 2 more Viking trips. Needless to say, the trip was fabulous. The food was delightful. I always get the Silver Spirit Package and the drinks are delicious. I ate breakfast in the Aquavit Lounge every morning since it is quiet there and offers a great selection of bread, rolls, meats, yogurt, musli etc. I never felt alone on the trip, not once! Will I do it again with Viking ? You betcha!

Traveling Solo in the Netherlands with Viking

voyagerpunaise’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Baldur price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA 328
The veranda suite is huge. It is composed of two separate rooms. I had a living room with a hugh flat screen TV and another TV in the bedroom. I had fresh fruit in the room every day with a minibar. There was a bottle of champagne greeting me which I shared on our last night. My attendant was always there making sure the suite was immaculate. The bathroom was also large with a lovely heated floor and neverending shampoos and creams.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins