3. Viking Orion
I had heard that Viking Cruises provided a higher cultural experience than other lines. I find that to be true. The music, lectures, art on board all lend to a extraordinary experience. The spa and fitness center are excellent. There is no casino, water slides, blaring music or kids. The amenities included (WiFi, shore excursions, drinks at dinner) are well worth it. The free shore excursions are all walking tours of whatever port we are in. Those that we booked I found interesting. If you are in the last group that gets to book excursions you may find the best times sold out. The paid excursions are excellent especially if you like exploring the food and wines of the regions visited. Many excursions focus on these aspects of culture. On board activities and entertainment was good and varied with something for everyone. It ranged from lectures about upcoming regions, an ABBA music revue, Jazz concert, various musicians playing each night. I have already booked another cruise for 2020.

A Cruise for 30th Anniversary

Viking Orion Cruise Review by smccarthy7

I have already booked another cruise for 2020.
smccarthy7’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Orion price drops

Cabin better than Carnival except for the shower heads used by Viking. I found them difficult to position. And once in place it would slip down while I was showering.