3. Serenade of the Seas
This was my third cruise with Royal Caribbean. So I'm not much of a cruise fanatic. Kudos go to everyone. Boarding was a breeze despite computer problems. Security present and friendly. Carlos, my cabin steward, went above and beyond the call of duty. Servers in Windjammer and the restaurant on top of it. Food in Windjammer better than ever. Entertainment surprisingly good. I was disappointed on the last cruise. Shopping Goddess, Maia, helped us get a great deal at Diamonds International. Leaving was piece of cake too. Ports: Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, St. Lucia, and Antigua. We picked this cruise due to the ports. Snorkeled at 4 of 5 destinations. Highly recommend Woodwind in Bonaire and Spencer Ambrose Tours Jalousie/Sugar Beach break in St Lucia. Book them early. They both have dedicated followers. Also loved Playa Puerto Marie in Curacao. Warning...it's $50 cab ride one way. But you will not find many tourists on the beautiful deserted beach with a great reef right off the beach. So it was worth it to us. More port/destination info on TripAdvisor. Things that need improvement. The sofa in my cabin was worn to the point that the fabric on the arms were gone. I know it's an older ship. But since they changed the back cushion, someone must have seen the damage. Next, when we went to the dining room at 530, the host said there was no record of my reservation. I showed my documents with the reservation scheduled during booking and pretty much the told me too bad. This was the only person who's service stunk. An apology would have been nice. Now I could only make reservations for 5pm or after 730. This was due to the significant number of seniors who had grabbed early times. Anyway, got a table after a 30 minute wait. Our server, Boy, was wonderful as was his assistant whose name I cannot recall. That being said, first time food in Reflections was disappointing. During my last cruise, food was vastly superior. The menu in Reflections was available in the Windjammer, so we gave up on the restaurant. Summary: I would probably try a different cruise line next time. Many of the hardcore cruisers were disappointed and suggested alternatives. But I got a great deal and sometimes you get what you pay for. Overall, had a great time. But the competition for my travel budget is fierce.

Spectacular service but...

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by gfraenkel

gfraenkel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 3N 3640
Super location if you want quiet and want to reduce the impact of a rough sea. Carlos, our cabin steward, was great. Sofa gross. Otherwise, the cabin in very good shape.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins