MSC Musica Cruise Review

MSC Musica Cruise Review by GianlucaR9

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: Africa
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Chose the cruise to relax and have fun.The Dream Team were disappointing. None of the usual fun activities I am accustomed to. The cruise director was boring and the shows were not up to the usual standard that I have experienced on previous cruises. He announced on the first night to not miss "Novelty Quest", well it was conspicuous by it's absence. I was not the only one who found the female singer's voice at the theater to be unpleasant to the ears.

The South African staff were not very obliging. When I asked for help when registering my credit card at the machine, she was downright rude to me.

Francisco, our table waiter was very efficient and friendly, but felt his stress. The wines we requested from the first night on board were not available, ( found out two days later we could purchase the wine we wanted at one of the bars), the wine steward ( female South African) was hopeless. By the time the wine arrived we had almost finished eating.

I can only say that that I have had much better experiences with MSC in the past, but have put it down to the fact that it is a bigger ship with less staff.

Still deciding whether I want to take my chances on the Orchestra next year.

GianlucaR9's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 11120

Very clean and quite spacious. Lots of packing space.

Cape Town

Cape Town is always one of the best ports. The view of the city and Table Mountain are breathtaking.

GianlucaR9