3. MSC Musica
i have been on this cruise before and had the time of my life, needless to say this time round i had told all my friends and family join, we were about 21, adults and kids. I had elderly members in my group who had never traveled, now they get to enjoy the cruise and its luxuries with their kids and grand kids. I was to celebrate my daughters 1st and nieces 3rd birthday on board or so we planned. I know you cant control the weather so when we received text message no 5 after our cruise had a 2 day delay due to gale force winds we were still excited to make the most of our holiday. We were told to be in Cape Towns port by 8am the Saturday morning (26th January) for a swift embarkation, unfortunately i spent all of 4 hours in the line with a restless kid in arm. By the time i eventually got onto the ship the halal buffet was anorexic with almost nothing available. The water was choppy but the ship was trying to make up as much time as possible, at one point i thought we were a speed boat, my entire party suffered from vertigo, mostly on the first night. Supper was mediocre and we didn't get a Gala evening. Our waiters seemed exhausted and unwilling to assist, not normally the case in my past experiences. I was on the melody, an extinct and ancient ship for 19 days in 2011 and had the time of my life, this cruise was supposed to be top all my expectations but was an anti climax. We didnt stop in Port Elizabeth and got into Durban earlier than expected. on the brink of disembarkation i was told that i could not leave the ship because i had an outstanding balance on my account. i had to head back to reception where there was a 40 min line because of all the queries passengers had. They billed me $1.50 per person for a UNICEF donation. This should be optional and not a prerequisite payment before you leave the ship. I donate to my own organisations and how the hell do i know that MSC actually gives my money to UNICEF. based on this they removed my charges and i was allowed to leave the ship almost an hour later... If one pays for a luxury experience especially for leisure and relaxation purposes especially if you saving and looking forward to it for months. Its a complete let down when you utilized your annual leave or savings for a trip and us as consumers gets the short end of the stick.. MSC just picks up more people in Durban and can start fresh giving them an ultimate experience. Instead of them cancelling the trip in totality because it would cost the company an arm or a leg, this trip was a taxi service to Durban because you inevitably had to go there as part of your itinerary. The passengers were dragged along for the speedy and bumpy ride and all you can do is compensate us with a lousy 20% on our next cruise excluding service and port charges...HOW IS THAT WORTH IT? do you classify that as compensation for my inconvenience and disappointment? IM BEYOND GUTTED!

HORRIBLE, HORRIFIC, HORRENDOUS

MSC Musica Cruise Review by zuraannagia

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Africa

zuraannagia’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Get MSC Musica price drops

The cabin was clean and exactly what i paid for...
  MSC Musica Deck Plans