3. Sun Princess
I travelled with another seasoned cruise couple (over 80 cruises) and had a balcony room to myself on Deck 11. First thing I noticed was that - being out of Australia - it was decked out as from America - ok....they are from America but have been sailing out of Australia for years now. The majority of patrons were Australian so why were the shops etc - not Australian based, selling Australian good and snacks?? I had an issue with the food - in the BUFFET the choice was fine although I could not eat any of the preprepared hot food as it mostly came in plastic bags and simply heated and reheated. Who knows what was in any of it. The sweets looked great, were creative enough, although, again, I could not eat it after tasting some initially as, for example, the APPLE CRUMBLE was 10% apple, 90% crumble if you were lucky (shame). no icecream either. The premade coffee was disgusting ... and I am not too fussy .... but I saw them remove this premade coffee from under the dispenser and saw it premixed coming out of a plastic bag. I have never seen that before not did I ever think I would. I had no issue with the dining areas although you only had one choice of dining as such that was included in your fare. The paying extra restaurants were relatively empty for the 14 days. That tells you enough. Another thing was the entertainment. It was ok. The shows were nothing to write home about and the guest artists were good but again, not great. They only went for 1/2 hour - never experienced that before. You no longer sat down and you had to get up and leave again :-)) There were no movies in the movie theatre - instead they were all on top deck out in the weather. When they were on, the sound was so loud you could not hear anyone talking to you. Such a beautiful theatre too. I have been on another cruise where this theatre was used for movies (as it should) and the ambience and mood was fantastic. I left an item on deck one evening and on realising, went back early the next morning and it was not there. I reported it missing and was told it will be handed in within the next 24 hours or so. It wasn't so I requested security to look at the video of the area that night. Reception staff told me that it was not important enough an item (of no value to them) to have security go through the footage. Luckily, it was handed in days later and very suspiciously so. No matter ... I have it back. The excursions were good and well organised. shuttles to town centres were great, embarkation was fast, disembarkation was also fast. So ... would I go with them again - probably but I would know what to expect. Value for money????? To be fair - probably.

Some good, some not so good

Sun Princess Cruise Review by Kelta

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Kelta’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sun Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA A436
The room was great - old but reasonable, the steward was fantastic, the facilities were adequate. No problems there.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins