• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

SouthChinaCruiser
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2010
Cabin:

We did a cruise on Serenade last year, same time. When looking for this year's adventure, I noticed two new ports, Tortolla and Grenada. I've been to Tortolla many times for bareboat charters and had visited Grenada about 25 years ago on Nordic Prince. ( Any of you remember that RCCL ship? It's the one that they brought in, cut in half and added 300 feet to the middle!)

But I digress. Embarkation was once again a snap. We arrived at 12:30 after a 4 day stay at the Conrad Hilton in San Juan, tan, relaxed and ready to cruise. We had booked all shore excursions at least 2 months in advance as well as a tux for me and a floral arrangement for my wife. With the pre-printed Sea Pass and Diamond Passenger treatment, we were on the ship less then 5 minutes from the cab dropped us off. All the luggage except one piece was at our stateroom within 2 hours. One piece "lost" its tag and arrived before we untied the lines at around 8 or so.

Our stateroom was immaculate and we made our way to Windjammer for lunch. The selections on Windjammer for lunch and breakfast seem to be about the same as prior years. RCCL is making an effort to combat various flu bugs so there are hand sanitizers at the entrance to the Windjammer and the other dining areas.

Cabin D