3. Celebrity Edge
Now that Celebrity has jacked up the prices for sailing on this ship, my suggestion would be to pass and sail on a different Celebrity ship, unless you have money to burn. Fortunately, we booked on day 1 when the pricing was reasonable. Not much I can say that has not already been said by others. The food is the same you will get on other Celebrity ships, except for a few of the "pay to play" specialty restaurants. The level of talent is pretty much the same. We had seen two of the same acts on other Celebrity ships and our cruise director, along with his sidekick, were on two of our previous cruises. We got one of the infamous infinite verandas. I did not hate it as much as other reviewers on here, as well as people I met on our cruise, but in hindsight, I wish I would have kept the Sunset Veranda I originally booked. The biggest complaint I heard was from folks pissed off that the ship could control whether or not they could raise or lower their infinite veranda window. Some of the new things on the ship were the four main dining areas to visit instead of two. Basically the same food at all four except for a few unique items at each one to go along with the restaurant's theme. We never made reservations and walked right in (generally between 5:45 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.). Also new is TimePlayLive. This is the trivia game you play on your phone or IPad, etc. They let you play a number of times for free to reel you in and then charge $9.99 when it is time to pay to play. As some folks have noted, Deal or No Deal has replaced Bingo. Only two people get to actually play the game at each session. Everyone else ends up with nothing or some $5.00 or $10.00 casino credits. Big whoop. Someone said trivia was gone, but that's not true. You can still pay different trivia's for free using a pencil and paper. The DJ was doing weird music trivia's by the pool. If you knew the answer, you were supposed to jump up and down, waive your arms and hopefully get noticed. For your efforts, you get a rubber ball. Again, big whoop. Lots going on in the casino. They had a number of free slot tournaments and one you had to pay for. I think the top three finishers won money. Lots of Blackjack and Texas Hold 'em tournaments, too. Here's the main thing I learned from our cruise. If you want to eat at Fine Cut Steak- house, you better make a reservation BEFORE you get on the ship. You should be OK for the others. They will be harassing you at breakfast trying to sign you up for lunch or dinner at the other specialty restaurants. Next, at least on our cruise, if you wanted to attend the late show in the theater, you better get there by 8:30 p.m. Practically EVERYONE ate early and went to the late show. The theater seats around 875 people, which is even less than what a Millennium class theater will hold. The theater is very nice and unlike any theater on any other Celebrity ship. Two last things. Be sure and find a spot on the Magic Carpet for a port sail-a-way. It's about the only use you will get out of that thing. Also, there are some good FREE movies on your TV that you can watch that are fairly recent releases. We ended up watching 5 movies when things were slow around the ship. They do show some movies in the theater, The Club and the Rooftop Terrace, but as one reviewer noted, it STINKS up there.

Once on the Edge was enough

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by brino99

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda

brino99’s Full Rating Summary

Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda
Cabin E4 6153
Cabin was small, shiny and new. Large flat screen TV was mounted right across from the bed. I noticed in suites that the beds faced to balcony and the TV's were mounted on a side wall. I would not have liked that.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins