3. Sea Princess
My wife and I chose to go on this cruise because two of our friends were taking it and asked us if we wanted to join them. Getting on the ship wasn’t too bad, there was some confusion emanating from being given two different sets of instructions from port side staff, but that was quickly overcome. The ship is small compared to some, so finding your way around doesn’t take long. We had a balcony cabin, I would say; if you can stretch yout money to at least this, then do it. You have enough room to move about plus you have the balcony to use at any stage of the cruise, it’s great for early in the morning when your pulling into port to jump out of bed and watch all the goings on outside. The main restaurant and the buffet were both fabulous, the food and service was always (I thought) of a very high standard. The shows were generally good, there were a couple that we went to that I just wanted to walk out on (they were that bad) but my wife kept a restraining arm on me (she said it would be rude) I said to her; that it was rude of them to offer up such dross. Hey ho.....all a matter of opinion. There are three things that we were most annoyed by.........the price of alcohol, around the $14 mark for a glass of wine and if you were feeling particularly flush, a minimum of around $50 for a bottle, and that’s at the cheap end. The Steakhouse.........it is the only “fine dining” experience on board. All be it in a partitioned off area of the main buffet (not in a separate venue). Reading Princesses blurb before coming on, they said it would cost an extra $29, on boarding that shot up to $35........HOW?? Secondly........don’t bother! I agree with a previous review; the steak was on the way to being tough and the veg looked like prison mush served up on plastic pudding plates. Save your money and just use the services provided that don’t cost any more. And thirdly I still get annoyed when you are charged extra to use the WiFi....this day and age this practice should not be happening.

A good cruise BUT...........

Sea Princess Cruise Review by Paul and Jeanette

Paul and Jeanette’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sea Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC C616
Very comfortable bed. Furnishings looking a little tired around the edges (even though there was supposed to have been a refit in 2017). Shower curtain in shower, as they all have.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins