3. Royal Princess
Overall this was a cruise on a par with most of my previous cruises, fifteen on Norwegian, one on Princess. The biggest surprise was the newly installed Medallion.net wi-fi service. It was priced reasonably, unlimited, and provided reliable service much faster than any I've previously experienced on a cruise. I am told it is being rolled out over time to other Princess ships. If your ship has it, I highly recommend it. The variety of food offerings in the buffet was much more extensive than I've found on Norwegian cruises, even on their large ships. and finding a seat was never a problem. Shore excursions were mixed. Puerto Rico's Favorites, A San Juan tour of the rain forest and the fort was one of the best I've ever been on, thanks to an excellent guide (Alejandro). He spoke clearly, explained the plan of the tour, offered lots of background on the island, its history and geography, and provided good information on the biosphere of the rain forest. At the end of the tour he explained where we could go and how to return to the ship if we chose to offload at the town square. The tour at Amber Cove, Dominican Republic (Easy Puerto Plata) was awful. The guide spoke limited English. I understood about half what he said. The town offered limited rewards. We stopped at the Fort de San Felipe, but only for 10 minutes so we were told not to go inside to look around. As we drove through town, the guide pointed out supermarkets, banks, etc. Wow! Generally an economically depressed looking town. We stopped at the central square, but had to stay as a group with the guide. In the modest cathedral, three tour groups were seated in close proximity with their guides providing simultaneous talks. Very hard to make anything out. The longest stop was at the nearby souvenir shop, which did provide restrooms, the only place on the tour that did. The tour was inexpensive, but still not worth it.

New wi-fi internet service rocks!

Royal Princess Cruise Review by wes10139

wes10139’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IA B419
Well arranged, lots of storage. For one person, very comfortable.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins