3. Vision of the Seas
We are Diamond Plus and have over 25 cruises with RCCL. This was our biggest disappointment. We love New Orleans and had a great time prior to the cruise. There were 11 people in our party, including a 3 year old. Embarkation and debarkation went well. Loved that customs performed on board prior to New Orleans. We had a JS and the room was fine. Our steward was as OK. Didn't seem thrilled with his job. For some reason, after several days, we had to agree on a location to place dirty glasses and request replacements. Bath tub had mold. We were very disappointed with the change of itinerary with substituting Miami for Coco Cay. We enjoyed the train ride with butterfly conservatory excursion in Key West. At $29, it was a good deal. Been to Nassau too many times to count, but it was a beautiful day to walk around. We Ubered to South Beach in Miami. The cruise director and activity staff were excellent. Best "Meet and Mingle" I've attended. Lots of activities in the centrum. We had fun participating in the egg drop contest. We also enjoyed the passenger "Thriller" performance. Although, I wish these things were advertised, so that we could be prepared.The production shows were good. Guest entertainers were also good. (Not great, but enjoyable.) The 3 year old enjoyed the Adventure Club. The Diamond Lounge is very small, but they loaded 3 drinks on our seapass card, and we could go to other bars. (Missed meeting new people.) Food and service at the Chef's Table was excellent. Food and service in the MDR was terrible. Because we were a large party, we agreed to sit at 2 tables near each other. The service was the slowest ever experienced. Out of the 6 nights we ate at the MDR, I was only asked once if I wanted a drink (iced tea) and only once (not the same evening) was I asked if I'd like a refill. We brought wine onboard and was initially told that the corkage fee was $26. (About fainted). When challenged, they said is was now $15. Several of us ordered prime rib one evening. It was so tough, it truly could not be cut with any knife. When my husband spoke to the maitre de, he offered to bring him a steak. (Not anyone else at the table.) The steak was ice cold. One evening, some of our party at the table next to us was asked to leave, because they needed the table. They actually brought people over who hovered next to the table, tapping their feet. They knew we were together - and they had to know that the only reason we were not finished, is that they were slow. I enjoy the tutti salad for lunch in the MDR. I asked if they had ranch dressing, and was curtly told that they can't have the same dressings every day. (even though they had about 6 choices that day.) So, I went the next sea day to check it out - and they had all the same dressings as before, but not ranch. I miss that they don't spoon sauce over shrimp cocktails or over desserts. (It's do it yourself). I believe that some brilliant person at RCCL thought that this would save a few minutes. This times a thousand passengers means reduction in wait staff. Boy can we tell the decline in MDR service since we started cruising. I was impressed with service in the Windjammer. They quickly cleared tables. I was asked several times if I'd like coffee or anything. The food was standard. Truly hoping that this was an isolated experience and that our next booked RCCL cruise will not have these issues.

Disappointed

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by Crznthrulife

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

The 3 year old enjoyed the Adventure Club.

Food and service at the Chef's Table was excellent.

Crznthrulife’s Full Rating Summary