Marina Cruise Review

Fantastic cruise-gluten free friendly.

Marina Cruise Review by Hansonl

• Sail Date: Jan 2019
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Level

We just returned from our first Oceania cruise. (This is our 5th cruise). We did the South Pacific starting and ending in Papeete Tahiti for a 10 day cruise.

We absolutely loved Oceania. We would sail Oceania again in a heart beat and most of the fellow travelers we talked to felt the same.

The staff are plentiful, kind, caring and sensitive. They serve the food in buffets to keep you safe. They change the linens on lounge chairs to keep everything safe and comfortable. I have never had such consistently wonderful service on a cruise. I felt spoiled each and every momment. I had to go to the medical clinic and received excellent service (ok the bill was pretty high-like USA healthcare prices!)

The rooms, the amenities, the food and the service were all spectacular! The bed and bedding were just dreamy.

We did not sample the entertainment. We find our entertainment by watching the natural beauty so cannot report on the ships entertainment.

We booked last minute within a month of sailing date. We booked a concierge suite with a balcony and had no regrets. We could have taken better advantage of the very wonderful (and free to us) concierge. The concierge can help you with anything! The fridge in our room and the concierge lounge is stocked with free beverages. No charges for coffee (including specialty coffees), water bottles, soft drinks, room service 24 X7 was wonderful and quick.

The food was FANTASTIC! All specialty dining is included in the cruise fare. You need recommendations and we got reservations into all 4 ahead of time (that may be the limit-1 reservation in all 4). For general dining we loved the Grand Dining Room. In the Terrace Cafe you can get grilled lobster, fish, steaks every evening with an outdoor table. One night we ate lobster while watching the sunset in Bora Bora. I had serval surf and turf sandwiches in the patio grill near the pool. Ice cream, malts, shakes, and smoothies are free and delicious. So much fresh fruit and veggies! It was easy to eat healthy. I am gluten free/Celiac and never had a better experience with help with food. I could eat at every venue and stayed completely safe. That is a real accomplishment for a 10 day cruise. The wine and drinks by the glass were fantastic and cost 10 dollars or less. My husband does not drink so I just paid as I went and used my onboard ship credit for alcohol.

All of the oceania excursions were closed when we booked late-so we arranged our own excursions. Some ahead of time, many at the peer! We paid

Hansonl's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Level
Cabin A4 9141

Loved the room. Balcony had two comfortable chairs. Full bath and full separate shower. Bed and bedding wonderful.

Hansonl