3. MSC Musica
We returned on Saturday 26 January 2019 from our fantastic trip on the MSC Musica. The extra 2 days were a great bonus and we actually had the most fun on those 2 days as the weather was exceptional. Thanks again for doing the booking for us and keeping us informed along the way. I left this feedback with MSC. I rated most of the activities a "10" not just as a default rating but an honest rating of our fantastic experience on the MSC Musica. From the moment we stepped aboard, we were super impressed with the facilities and service. The theatre shows were fantastic and Darren is a great host, although his jokes are like "dad" jokes (lol). The meals were great and the evening "fine dining" as a highlight and Vitali (from the Ukraine) was an excellent waitor. There are enough activities to occupy yourself with but we thouroughly enjoyed doing NOTHING for 7 days as we realised that we had not been on a family vacation for more than 8 years. The bonus was the extra 2 days at sea due to high wind conditions in Cape Town. Here the MSC staff excelled! Updates were given on a regular basis and I loved the daily newsletter with activities for the next day. I commend the staff for serving us for an extra 2 days and hats off to the Captain for putting our safety above keeping to a time schedule. We arrived this morning (26 Jan 2019) and I have already been telling all my friends and family about our cruise and that they must make plans to book a cruise as well. It is really value for money, compared to booking a holiday at a holiday resort. It was also very interesting to talk to total strangers and the best of all was meeting people we had not seen in many years. My wife met 4 colleagues that she had not seen in over 25 years. The best was - none of them were travelling together. What are the chances of that? I met a man who was my manager in 1990 - almost 30 years ago!!!! How about that! And we recognised each other. Another chance meeting, while waiting to disembark - chatted to a total stranger and discovered that she worked with my sister-in-law many years ago - I immediately called her and the two of them were chatting away about the good old days. We loved that we did not have to spend any money on the cruise, except for the last night as our drinks booklets had run out! While walking down the corridors or anywhere on the ship, it felt like you were in a 5 star hotel. The design and finishes of the interior is top notch. Loved the pool - and the tidal effect created by the forward movement of the ship! This will go down as the best holiday that I have gone on in my 53 years on this planet! I am missing the ship already! We might do the Mauritius or Portugese Island cruise next time. To all the staff on board the MSC Musica, THANK YOU for making it a memorable holidy for my family and I.

20190120 - Cruuse frin Cape Town to Namibia and back

MSC Musica Cruise Review by darryboy

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Africa
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom with Partial View – Bella

I left this feedback with MSC.

I am missing the ship already!

We might do the Mauritius or Portugese Island cruise next time.

darryboy’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Musica price drops

Oceanview Stateroom with Partial View – Bella
Cabin O1 8092
Cabin space was good. Room was cleaned multiple times a day and staff were friendly.

Partial sea view? Well our porthole was almost covered by a liferaft and we could not see the ocean from our room. That was not really an issue as we spent most of our time outside of our room.
Forte Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins