• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Tweedie
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2019
Cabin:

We were on board the Aria that left Brisbane on 4/1/19 bound for New Caledonia. We were very happy with all the staff on the boat, they were all marvelous. However, that was the only thing that we were happy with. I have mobility problems and use a walker. There were four lifts each end of the ship but on a regular basis 3 of the lifts would be in use by staff or out of order leaving only one lift for passengers. It would sometimes take 20-25 minutes for me to get in a lift and sometimes I was forced to carry my walker downstairs in order to get to events on time! We were very unhappy with the restaurants as well. The food in the Pantry on the 11th floor was ok but we could never get a seat (there were 5 of us) so we had evening meals in the Waterfront Restaurant and the food was not good. We wanted to try other restaurants but couldn’t because they were always booked out so we were not happy about that. Also, on other cruises (Princess etc.) we were able to go to the buffet late at night for light snacks, coffee or sweets etc. but on the Aria all the restaurants closed early (I think at 9 o’clock). Overall, a very disappointing cruise. I don’t think we will be sailing with P & O again!

We decided to spend the extra for a balcony cabin. The cabin itself was very run down (holes in wall, wear and tear on all fittings). There were 3 of us in the cabin and the third bed was just an uncomfortable sofa with a pillow top, not even a proper bed (we thought the third passenger should not have had to pay full fare to sleep on a sofa!).

Port Reviews

Noumea

We were shown a good section of Noumea and enjoyed the train ride.

6 Helpful Votes