3. MSC Seaside
I chose this cruise for a girls trip to celebrate my mother's 81st birthday. We generally take a cruise each year and were tired of the other cruise lines and wanted to try something different. We are so glad we did! We had a Fantastica inside cabin. There was adequate space for 4 of us to unpack and store away everything we brought. That's saying something as none of us travels light! We had booked when the 12 free drink coupons were offered. These worked out great. We never had any trouble using them for any drink we chose or for the gelato. We actually had quite a few left over at the end of the cruise. We initially had planned to go to at least one of the specialty restaurants while onboard but we found the food to be very good in the main dining room and opted to eat there every night except the evening we were docked in San Juan as we had dinner in the city that night. I realize that food is subjective but I was traveling with 3 other very picky ladies. We all,love to cook and are in general very critical when it comes to dining out. We were extremely pleased with the options, quality, temperature and seasoning of all,the dishes we tried both in the dining room and at the buffets. We did choose to eat in the dining room for breakfast, lunch and dinner most days but the few times we ate in the buffet the food was good as well. Note that there are buffets on the 8th and 16th floors. We chose the larger buffet on 8 most days and the selections rotated with different dishes offered every time we ate there. We attended the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle and it was very well done. The drinks were nice and the senior officers were present and personable. We enjoyed speaking with the captain as well as several staff members. Our service in the dining room was very good at all meals and our cabin steward was efficient and friendly. I had to go to guest services only once. It was the first evening and one of my checked bags had not arrived. Of course, being the first night, the line was long. I anticipated this and was not upset by it. The individual I spoke with was friendly and directed me to a room where bags that were not tagged were being held. Apparently my luggage tag had torn off at some point but my bag was there so I was back to my cruise with only about a 30 minute interruption. The shows on this cruise are really well done. The cast is incredibly talented. We did not attend a show the first night but went to the rest of them and are sorry we missed the first one. I would disagree with those who say the shows are the same every night. The cast is the same so the voices and individuals performing don't change therefore the shows do have a similar feel but the themes, acrobatic acts and dancing styles vary from show to show. For anyone who appreciates talent and a good performance I would highly recommend the shows. They are only 30 minutes and packed with some good vocals, wonderful dancers and interesting acrobatic acts. The port times for this cruise were weird. This is the only reason I didn't score the cruise a 5. The ports for this cruise were San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Nassau. With the exception of Nassau these are all great ports. I've visited each before so the weird port times didn't bother me all that much but some in our group were first timers to 3 of the ports and it would have been nice to have lomger times in port for them to experience these locations. My mother has been disappointed in our last few cruises which were on Norwegian and Carnival. She had been thinking she didn't want to cruise any more. After this trip she is now recommending MSC Seaside to all her friends and wants to do another trip on her next year with the rest of our family.

14th cruise but first on MSC. Will cruise with them again.

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by Jehaams

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Fantastica Inside Stateroom

Jehaams’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Fantastica Inside Stateroom
Cabin I2 15023
Lots of storage form4 people to unpack and store everything away. 4 adults managed to,share this cabin with no problems.
Venice Beach Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins