3. Carnival Paradise
We are a 50's couple. My BF has never cruised before, and this was my 7th cruise, having cruised on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Carnival. We chose this ship due to time constraints and job issues. We embarked on our adventure a little late. I originally purchased FTTF, but changed my mind. Sure glad I did, because we were on board only about 1/2 hour later than those folks. Embarkation was smooth. We boarded about 1ish....at the back end of our time slot. We headed straight to Guy's for burgers, and they didn't disappoint! We think that those fries were probably the best we ever had! We got to our cabin about 2ish. We had an aft balcony on the empress deck. Our first impression of the cabin was that it was spacious. The only thing that I missed was a sitting/sofa area. Our room steward, Marvin, was the best that I ever had. He was friendly, knew us by name from day one, and always made sure he kept ice in our room. Thanks Marvin! Hope you are enjoying your time off with your family! Dinner that evening was in the buffet, as we wanted to be on deck when we sailed under the bridge in Tampa. It was really cool, and I'm glad that we got to have that experience. Day 1 was a day at sea. We lounged on the deck above the pool. There were plenty of chairs, but I'm guessing it would have been more difficult to obtain a chair closer to the pool. We had room service deliver coffee/pastries that morning, and every other. Delivery was prompt and timely. We ate a late lunch in the buffet, and a little lunch later. Planned for formal night in the dining room. Formal night was very nice. If I remember correctly, we both ate prime rib. We enjoyed our table mates, and even made friends with one of the couples....we hope to get together again. Service was good. The best desserts of the entire cruise were the chocolate lava cake (or whatever it was called) and the creme brulee. Hard to choose which one was better. Day 2 - Honduras. I booked a charter with Roatan Ocean Adventures. It was awesome. Herbert was a wonderful host. We got to experience zip line and snorkeling. Herbert's snorkel guides were the best. They swam with us and pointed out all of the interesting and beautiful wildlife. This adventure took the entire day, and we didn't have any time to shop when we returned to the ship. Dinner in the dining room. Day 3 - Cozumel. I booked a private tour with Tours Plaza. Sergio was our guide. We had a great day. Visited the ruins (small ones on cozumel) did some shopping, and visited the tequila factory. In addition Sergio took us to the other end of the island to see the beautiful coastline and have a snack and cerveza at Coconuts. I would highly recommend this tour! Dinner in the dining room. Day 4 - Sea Day. Another day by the pool and relaxing. Enjoyed dinner again in the dining room. Food and service were good. Unfortunately, we had to pack to go home. We chose to keep our luggage for faster debarkation on Thursday. General comments: Entertainment was good. We loved the rock and roll and the 70's and 80's show. The comedians were good, and we really enjoyed the cruise director....HEY LEON!!! I was a little concerned with the reviews that seemed to be all over the place, but we really enjoyed this cruise. The seas were a little rocky at times, but that is something that is beyond the control of the cruise line. Thanks Carnival! We'll be back!

Paradise for us!

LoriAB’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8M E242
Cabin was roomy and extremely clean. LOVED our steward, Marvin.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins