3. Carnival Legend
I selected the cruise because a friend was on board with her children and mother-in-law. The service in the restaurant was slow especially at the end of the meal. I was on anytime dining and on the two nights I ate in the main restaurant it took 15 minutes for them to take my dessert plate so I could leave and free up my otherwise empty table, mean while there is a huge queue outside of people waiting for tables. I then started having dinner in the Bonsai Sushi Restuarant where there was no queue and I could be out in about 45 minutes. The quality of the food in the bistro seemed to be sub par whereas some ships have the same food in the Bistro just without the service staff. I went to many of the comic shows in the basement under the showroom. Overall a mixed bag with some comic's being funny and others just being abusive to people in the audience for laughs. The stage shows were good even though they only consisted of 8 performers. Embarkation was quick but as a suite passenger you get priority boarding. Then again apart from having a larger room the only other benefit was a complimentary bottle of water (value $4.50) and a packet of biscuits. Priority boarding for the tenders consisted of joining the end of the queue of people. One port this was a queue of anybody who wanted to get off the other day it was the people who had been send on wards from the showroom in numbered groups. The mini golf course is next to useless if the ship is moving.

Disappointed - VS 7347

Carnival Legend Cruise Review by RMN65

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Vista Suite

The stage shows were good even though they only consisted of 8 performers.

The mini golf course is next to useless if the ship is moving.
RMN65’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Legend price drops

Vista Suite
Cabin VS 7347
They tell you that your suite is ready at 11:15 but there are signs saying no access to the area until 13:30, I ended up getting to the room at 12:30.

The balcony had 2 deck chairs and 3 chairs but because the back of the ship is angled the balcony above lines up with you inside space so the noise from dragged deck chairs from the room above comes into the cabin. It also had the problem of catching the hot chips with tomato sauce that people throw off deck 9.

The cabin was spacious but the deco a bit out dated and run down. 2 blown light globes which the cabin steward tells me is because they had run out of them. One of the two hand basins in the bathroom's tap was falling apart but still functional (the two taps had different colour schemes). There was also some silicon on the bathroom counter which could have been scrapped off. The small cupboard that the safe was in (under TV in bedroom) had a broken hinge.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins