3. Norwegian Gem
This was my first cruise ever. It was a 12 day cruise which was great in my opinion. I went with a group of friends, we were in our 40s to 50s age group, along with my friend's parents in their 70s. We all enjoyed the ship. There was plenty to do on the ship if you like taking a relaxing walk, getting some sun, or spending time along or with people. The food in the buffet and main dining rooms were great and the service was friendly. I always enjoyed being greeted by the young lady who would say, "Good morning, washy, washy" with the spray bottle. I had no complaints about the food. Dinner at the Grand Pacific was good and the portions were just right since we were on a cruise. We ate at the Brazilian Churascaria twice and they give you lots of food. Lorena, the cruise director, was the nicest lady. She learned everyone's names and would talk to everyone she met. To be running all over the ship and still talk to everyone, that felt very welcoming and sincere. Entertainment was alright. They had a singer that was on Britain's Got Talent and she had two shows; her second show was better than the first. The comedian was good. The best show was the Russian couple that did a Cirque d-Soleil style show of swinging everywhere. The ship's shows like Swing and Get Down Tonight were good since I like both types of music. Not a country fan, so personally I could do without Blazing Boots. However the ship's performers are all very talented singers. The other bands that played throughout the ship were great. I give all of them credit for having to perform every single day and night. The stops were good. We didn't do any excursions through the ship, so we just got local taxi tours and they were great. I'd rather be in a minivan with my friends than on a crowded bus anyway. I loved walking around Old San Juan, Puerto Rico but they had us there at 4:00 PM and had to be back by 9:00 PM I think, so that was short. I'm happy just exploring the city. I'm not a beach person, but the beaches in the other islands were nice. I liked seeing new places with amazing views. Seeing the Piton mountains in St. Lucia was great and my friends enjoyed the mud baths there. Exploring the towns in Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, and St. Kitts were great I would definitely go on this ship again. Although it was my first time and I have nothing else to compare it to, I was very satisfied. Exploring new places was fun. The two sea days down and two sea days back up were not a problem because there's a lot to do on the ship. I went to the gym and it was nice; plenty of equipment to choose from

Best first time cruise

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by CJA77

CJA77’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IB 10052
I got an inside cabin and it was fine. Could've had used a chair, but I only needed the room to sleep. Inside cabins are great because there is no light at nighttime and it's great for sleeping. I had Srivinas as my steward and he was really nice; always asked me if I needed anything and would ask me how my day was. During the day I could hear the band playing on deck 12 since I was on deck 10, but that didn't bother me. Night time was peace and quiet.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins