3. Carnival Dream
So I chose this date for our Carnival Dream Cruise because my husband wanted to go to the Eastern Caribbean and we had never been to Key West Florida before. The weather beganvery cold from our port in New Orleans- we definitely had to wear our jackets for the first Port of call which was Key West. We walked for most of Key West seeing a lot of the sites, saw the southernmost point of the U.S. We got to see Hemingway's home, and also the bar that he frequented, Sloppy Joes. I had some very good conch fritters there. The weather turned a little warmer as we ended up in Freeport & then Nassau. Freeport ended up being the most favorite Port out of the entire itinerary. We visited the Lighthouse Resort at Grand Lucayan there. Food abounds on the Carnival Dream, you'll not run out of choices from the MDR, to all other choices I felt like we were eating every couple of hours! The buffet, the sea day brunch (steak & eggs) Guys hamburgers (ate about 20 of those entire trip) Guy's pig & anchor BBQ (pulled pork is best), the Bonsai Sushi, (good prices), the Italian place above the buffet(great bolognese), the pizza, the blue iguana (taco salad). The best meal we had on the ship was our anniversary night-we ate at the Chef's Art Steakhouse. The steaks were outstanding. The service there was so great, the ambience was wonderful, our waiter was great. We really enjoyed this, I wish we could have eaten there every night! There were a few things that didn't please us while on the cruise - We saw a couple of instances where Carnival employees were being a bit rude to passengers, but for the majority of employees, they were friendly & helpful. Other things were out of Carnivals control, such as actual passengers being a bit rude by not getting in line for the buffet , just walking right in front of others. Also witnessed parents letting their child "drink" from the strawberry yogurt machine! Our room's balcony was the best part of the room(wrap around after on 7th floor) but it was very dirty. The glass on the inside of the balcony was cleaned by a group of 3-4 employees on the 2nd day of our cruise, but they didn't clean the outside of the glass on the balcony which was the dirtiest part! Overall, the room 7454 was nice, but I do believe from experience the suite rooms have better cabin service from the stewards. I still give Carnival a 4 out of 5 on this cruise. The next cruise on Carnival will be Glory in April this year, so we will see how that one goes!

A bit chilly for January itinerary

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Caribbeantravelcielo

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

Caribbeantravelcielo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 7454
Odd shaped room, bed catecornered in room. No sofa, just small table. Very small bathroom. Balcony is the star of the room.
Vista Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins