3. Carnival Vista
This was the 2nd cruise for both my wife and me. We had previously gone on the Carnival Freedom in the Caribbean, and we felt like we had a better time on the Freedom, although the Vista was fairly good as well. The Vista has a variety of things to do on the ship, including entertainment (comedy shows, game shows, live informational shows, movies, the casino, etc.), multiple places to eat, and on the upper decks, there is mini golf, billards, basketball, hanging bicycles you can ride around the ship, a large screen for movies, as well as pools and hot tubs. I also enjoyed just sitting and relaxing and taking in the views, as well as taking photos. We didn't go on any excursions, but we enjoyed going off the ship to do some shopping. I think the downside is that the stops were all generally in areas that are set up for tourists from the ship, with inflated prices and many of the same shops (Diamonds International and Del Sol seem to be common shops in these cruise ship destinations). One place where we were able to leave the tourist area was Belize - It's nice to see the actual city and see locals, buy some local fruit etc., and things are also much cheaper in the city when you leave the tourist area. One thing I was looking forward to from our last time around was visiting Moho Chocolate, a nice little chocolate shop in Belize that also makes some great smoothies, but Moho Chocolate was no longer there - We were informed that they had moved. The staff on the ship were generally friendly, and I can tell they work hard at keeping the rooms clean and keeping the ship clean overall. I often saw Carnival staff going around to sweep the decks (particularly the lido deck with the pools and some of the restaurants), as well as collecting all the plates, cups, and silverware that passengers use for food. The ride on the ship was okay, although there were times when it was a little rough and the ship swayed a bit more than usual. Regarding the food, they provide decent options, but it can get tiring eating at the buffet because they offer basically the same breakfast options every day (though there are many options to choose from, including eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, cereal, pancakes, and in some places you can order an omlette). I thought the scrambled eggs were fairly soggy. For the dinner buffet, they changed some of the items most nights, and things like salads and fruit were common every night. Also, they sometimes had fish at the buffet next to other food items, which can be a problem for people with fish allergies, since it can be fairly easy to cross-contaminate from the fish items to the other food items. It would be nice if they had kept the fish separate from the other items in the buffet. We went to one of the dining restaurants (Horizons) for dinner a few times. It was included for no extra charge, and they had some different options from what was included at the buffet. I thought the food there was fairly good overall. In that restaurant, they also did some entertainment where they had their servers dance to some music for a few minutes before dinner. I generally just wanted a relaxing dinner, but their dancing was only for a few minutes. One thing that I wasn't really happy about was that our cabin had a section of floor that was bowed up, and when we stepped on it, we could also tell there was a gap in a couple of the floorboards. We tripped on it a few times when we were in our room. We reported the issue to guest services, who came and looked at it. One of them even said they were aware of the issue in our room and a few other rooms and it was scheduled to be fixed but it had not been fixed yet. They said they would credit our account due to the floor, but we didn't see any credit show up. We tried to get a written statement from guest services saying the floor had an issue so that we could at least follow up with Carnival, but they would not provide that - only a piece of paper that included a case number on it. On the 2nd to the last night, they also sent a few people from security up to our room after midnight to check up on things - It seemed strange and a little intimidating for security to get involved in the situation. Also, on the morning when we returned to our port in the US, one of us was held up by security when getting off the ship - She was pushed by someone into a security officer, and the security officer tried to say she had been shoved. It was a weird situation after we reported our room's floor issue and we feel we were hassled by Carnival security on the last day when we were leaving. I don't think Carnival wanted to make things better for us. Although we did enjoy the cruise overall, the handling of the floor issue in our room left us with a bad feeling. And we did feel like we enjoyed the Carnival Freedom more than the Vista. The Freedom was decorated more fancy (the walls and buffet dining area in the Vista were more plain), the buffet on the Freedom was organized better, and we feel like the staff on the Freedom was more friendly when we had problems (we were on the Freedom in July 2016). I talked to several other people on the Vista who also said they liked the Freedom better, and some others who said they were not very satisfied with the Vista cruise. One person I talked to even said she had been on 34 cruises and this Vista cruise was the worst one she had ever been on.

Good ship and activities overall, but some aspects lacking a bit

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by FlyingToaster

FlyingToaster’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8B
The cabin was fairly small, but that's understandable. As stated in my overall review, part of the floor in our cabin was bowed up and had a gap between the floorboards, which we tripped over a few times. Guest services looked at it and said it was pretty bad, and they also said they were aware of the issue (in our cabin and a few others), and that it had been scheduled to be fixed but had not been fixed yet.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins