3. Carnival Sunshine
Let me start at the beginning. Embarkation went very well, maybe the fastest we have ever encountered. The first impression of the ship was good until we got to a stairway where we smelled cigarette smoke coming up from the Casino. The Casino was in the middle of deck 5 and there was no way around it unless you went up or down a deck. For the protection of crew and passengers, there should not be smoking anywhere on the ship where non-smokers would be. This was the first cruise I did not gamble. The smoke was beyond my tolerance and I did not want to get used to it. Carnival and all cruise lines need to consider their smoking policy. You can not say the health of the crew and passengers is your no. 1 concern and allow smoking where crew members work and passengers frequent. Our next stop was our room. We had a balcony room ( 8236 )It was nothing great but it was adequate. We did have an unobstructed view from our balcony which was nice. Our cabin steward did an okay job. We have had better and worse. Food is where we went next. We did all of our eating on Deck 9. We did not use any of the dining rooms. I mostly used the Buffet which was not great but adequate. My complaint with the Buffet is that I did not always know which foods had meat in them. I was told I could ask a service person but not so easy when the Buffet is busy which it was most of the time I was there. Hopefully, cruise lines will start labeling their food better. Next, we took a self- guided tour of the ship. The sports deck had some fun stuff. They had a pretty good putt putt course but they were using lightweight golf balls which got blown around in the wind. We tried the obstacle course, which was fun. Never used the water slides. Had some fun with the Fooseball table. They had a single basket court which we never used. They also had a bean bag toss which we had some fun with. We then went to the Spa and gym. Sad to say we never used either one. Overall the ship felt crowded but we were always able to get good seats in their main entertainment Venue ( Liquid Lounge ) It was different than what we have seen on other ships but worked well for us. The entertainment was good. Our only problem was the crowds were too big sometimes in the Ocean Plaza and Limelight Lounge. We had a great Cruise director ( Mikey ). He made it fun on the ship. We also had some good excursions. We hiked up to a volcano and yes it was difficult. Very important to stay hydrated. We did some zip lining and horseback riding which was fun. Will we cruise with Carnival again? Probably, but will check the deck plan and smoking policy. We will not go on the Sunshine again if they do not change their smoking policy. Which is sad to say since we enjoyed the Cruise Director so much. Overall we had a good time and we are already looking for our next cruise.

Fun but will not cruise on Sunshine again.

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Whiteagle

Let me start at the beginning.

Embarkation went very well, maybe the fastest we have ever encountered.

Next, we took a self- guided tour of the ship.

We then went to the Spa and gym. Sad to say we never used either one.

Overall we had a good time and we are already looking for our next cruise.
Whiteagle’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D 8236
The cabin was okay and we had a great view from our balcony. Cabin Steward was okay. TV channels good at the beginning but they changed them about halfway through and we had less good channels to choose from but we did not watch TV too often so not a big deal. We had more than enough storage space. It was noisy at times but not too bad.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins