3. Golden Princess
This was our 21st Princess cruise and our second Club Class experience. For the four-day cruise from Adelaide to Melbourne, we booked the window suite F301. Usually, we travel in mini-suites and to have a full suite, although without a balcony was a nice change. There were many little additions that were included in the suite that are not available in a mini-suite. The extra mini-bar set-up is one. There is also the additional space such as a larger sitting area, a separate shower and bath, with the shower having a proper door instead of the shower curtain. The bed also felt a little larger than the mini-suite bed. There was a back-lit magnifying mirror in the bathroom, additional toiletries in the bathroom such as cotton wool, cotton buds, bath salts and separate shampoo and conditioner. We had breakfast in Crown Grill three mornings out of the four and the service was excellent. Each breakfast was cooked to order as you could tell that everything was made fresh instead of pre-made food. The room attendant 'Laurence' was excellent. He actually made the bed everyday by stripping the bed and remaking it, which is what I like. What was a real disappointment was the service in Club Class dinning room. At every meal, there were mistakes made with our food order. The service was at times very slow and the waiters did not work very efficiently with the head waiter. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the head waiter or the the waiting staff. On our first night, we were served someone else's food. When we brought this to the waiter's attention, they apologised and immediately took it away and served it to another couple. I found the serving staff at club class dining room to be less than 'C Grade' level of competency. The princess theater seats seemed to be all leaning forward and very worn. Our suite had many blown light globes that required replacement which did not happen until the very last evening. There were also water leaks in the corridors. Adelaide as a embarkation port is really poor as it is very difficult to get to from the airport. It seems to be miles away from the city and as such, a really long way from the airport and the city. The two ports that we visited were absolutely fantastic. Kangaroo Island and Port Lincoln were exceptional. We did Princess tour - Kangaroo Island in a Day and absolutely loved it. Although it was a long day in a bus, touring, the wildlife encountered and vistas visited, were an excellent combination. I highly recommend this tour. In Port Lincoln we did a tour with Explore Eyre designed specifically for cruise ships, and it was called - Tasting Eyre. My goodness, I cannot speak highly enough of this tour. It was the absolute highlight of the cruise because of Paul our guide and all the vistas we visited and mostly, the Koalas we saw in the bush. It was almost unreal in its entirety. I will do this tour again and again, if I visit Port Lincoln again. Disembarkation in Melbourne is always great because we live in Melbourne and we can just walk off the ship and take public transport to our home within just over an hour. Also, the disembarkation process in Melbourne is very efficient.

Mostly a good experience

Golden Princess Cruise Review by Peacefulness

This was our 21st Princess cruise and our second Club Class experience.

Peacefulness’s Full Rating Summary