3. Norwegian Dawn
This was our 2nd cruise on the Dawn. My fiancé and I are ages 30 & 35. We were told that the average age of cruisers on this trip was 55 years old, however ages probably ranged from 6 months to 90 years! I loved the ports the ship visited, which is the main reason why we chose this ship. It's a busy itinerary with only 2 sea days but I enjoy that. The value is also good compared to other cruises. Embarkation went ok. We arrived around 11:30 AM and were onboard about an hour later. The food is fine at the buffet and dining rooms. I loved the omelette and the crepe stations! The drinks were yummy too! I especially liked the mango meltdown, rebellious fish and daydreamer's daiquiri. Entertainment was wonderful. There was something different every night and multiple options. We saw dancers and singers, musicians, a ventriloquist, comedian, juggler, magician, and aerialists from around the world! I really enjoyed the gameshows that involved audience members, so funny! I love the Norwegian Elements show, featuring dancers, singers, and a magician. I really liked listening to pianist Nathaniel Reid at Gatsby's bar! Service was great! Staff were friendly and helpful. The room stewards we have had were awesome! During the days when we weren't in port, I preferred to spend time lounging by the pool, listening to the band or dj. Overall, I really enjoyed this cruise!

Fun ship!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by LauraMV

• Sail Date: January 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Inside

Overall, I really enjoyed this cruise!
LauraMV’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Inside
Cabin ID 9061
Small but cozy. Inside cabins have everything you need - a comfortable bed, shower and toilet, closet and drawers for your clothing, mini fridge, safe, etc.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Snorkeling
    We took the Xtreme Circumnav tour of Antigua. This was a speed boat ride around the entire island in a day with 2 snorkelling stops at Stingray City and The Pillars of Hercules and 2 remote beach stops.
    The guides were great! The fast boat ride on the, at times, huge waves was exhilarating! We stopped to see Nelson's Dockyard with 100 + yachts and sail boats. Stingray City was fun. We swam with lots of friendly stingrays and got a pic holding one too! The snorkelling at the Pillars of Hercules was guided with options for beginners and those who were more advanced. The rock formations above and below the water's surface were interesting and there were many fish here to see. We had a delicious lunch at one remote beach on Green Island and swam and explored the long, soft, sandy white beach at Rendevouz Beach.
    View All 64 Snorkeling Reviews
  • ATV Rental
    We rented a UTV and drove around the island. A great adventure! We stopped at beaches to snorkel, explored the rugged north coast, and saw the Natural Bridge and Ayo Rock Formations. I only wish we had more time to visit other sites!
    View All 20 ATV Rental Reviews
  • Island Tour
    We booked a private tour with Carson. He was very friendly and shared lots of info about his island. He provided us with rum punch, beers and water and also coconut bread. He drove us around the island, stopping to feed wild monkeys at one point. We visited Animal Flower Cave and Little Bay to see big waves pound the rocky shore. We snorkelled at Folkestone Marine Park, which had a nice sandy beach and beach bar and wasn't crowded. Carson also took us to some lookouts. I liked that we visited sites that were not crowded with other tourists.
    View All 123 Island Tour Reviews
  • Curacao
    We rented a car at Avis at the cruise port. It was easy to follow the map and road signs. We stopped at great beaches like Porto Mari, Playa Grandi/Piskado, and Playa Lagun. Playa Grandi aka Playa Piskado is a must visit for spotting sea turtles! Also check out the port area to see colourful buildings.
    View All 1,244 Curacao Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Curacao Cruise Port Review
  • Snorkeling
    We snorkelled the reef at Flamingo Bay and at the Sculpture Park. The company was great but snorkelling just OK for the experienced snorkeler. There were a lot of fish at the reef but they were small and the water was deep at times. I think diving would be better. The divers on our boat really enjoyed this stop.
    As for the Sculpture Park, I'd prefer a reef but it was interesting to see.
    View All 23 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Spices and Waterfalls
    We did the island spice route tour and Mandoo was our guide. He was so friendly and knowledgeable about the island! The drive through the mountains was so fun! Mandoo even found us some monkeys at the Grand Etang Lake!
    View All 31 Spices and Waterfalls Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    Visited the beautiful Culebra island, located an hour drive and 45 minute boat ride from San Juan. Beautiful beaches and great snorkelling!
    View All 12 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Island tour
    We took a tour with Rosevelt Taylor, who was very friendly and knowledgeable. We toured the town of Basseterre, then visited the old plantation house at Romney Manor, now transformed to a beautiful tropical garden with batik fabrics for sale. We also visited the fort at Brimstone Hill, which has great views! Timothy Hill is another great view point and we had the option to visit Carambola Beach at Friar's Bay, which is a long, sandy beach with a restaurant.
    View All 263 Island tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    We took a private island tour with stops at Soufriere, Fond Doux Estate, and Sugar Beach. Curtis was our guide and he was awesome! He stopped to get us coconuts, cassava bread, fish cakes, bananas and we sampled banana ketchup and bbq sauce. Yummy!
    Fond Doux Estate was beautiful! We paid $40 US pp for a 45 minute tour of the estate and buffet lunch. We saw where cocoa is processed and walked a garden trail past trees and plants. Our guide even picked fresh grapefruit for us to eat. The buffet lunch was good. We had chicken, fish, salads, yam pie, breadfruit, and rum punch.
    At Soufriere, we paid $60 for a water taxi to Sugar Beach, which is 5-10 minutes away. You can only get there by boat but it's such a beautiful beach with some decent snorkelling! A lot of tours come here.
    View All 251 Island Tour Reviews