3. Viking Legend
Viking Danube Waltz River Cruise August 2018. First two days in hotel due to low water levels. Fourth day in Vienna and ship broke down.p, generator failed. Spent three days trying to fix it but couldn’t. . Bussed to Germany and two more days in hotel. Viking and TripMate insurance will not acknowledge ship broke down. It is as if the ship never existed. Received 25% refund and future voucher. Further compensation denied by both stating that LOW WATER LEVELS resulted in itinerary changes. A COMPLETE LIE. The only low water levels were in Budapest at start of trip. We splurged and paid $12,000 for a suite since it was our 50th anniversary and would be our last big trip due to health issues and our only view on the ship was the stateroom of the boat parked next to us. In all my calls and correspondence not once was the ship Legend mentioned and that it had broken down. I got the silent treatment when I brought it up. We missed two destinations, Krems and Linz and never cruised an inch. We could not use the 25% off voucher for a future cruise and that was all Iwe was trying to get compensation for. I have never dealt with anyone as dishonest as Viking.

Viking river cruise disaster and they lied about what happened.

Viking Legend Cruise Review by ampearson

Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
Thank you, ampearson, for taking the time to share your recent Viking experience with the cruising community. We recognize that you are one of the many affected by the itinerary changes implemented in response to the historically low waters that plagued Europe in 2018. Though Viking makes every effort to preserve the original program, we understand that the resulting deviations may fall below some guests’ expectations. All journey adjustments are made with our passengers’ best interests in mind, and accordingly we are committed to collecting and understanding all resulting feedback so that we may grow and enhance our product for more enjoyable future experiences. We understand you’ve connected with us previously, however should you like to continue the conversation we would be happy to receive additional comments at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. Thank you, and have a wonderful day.
ampearson’s Full Rating Summary