3. Norwegian Dawn
This cruise visited 6 islands in addition to Puerto Rico and was a new itinerary for us. We like the smaller ship and were familiar with the general layout of the restaurants and activity areas. Our restricted view cabin had great storage but was small and had no chair or small couch other than a stool at the desk/vanity, so I guess one sacrifices storage for seating. We had four dining experiences in the specialty restaurants and found the experience to be very nice. The main dining room can be a bit noisy and we found we liked going to Aqua better since it was a bit smaller. I think NCL trains their staff well as everyone we encountered was friendly and had a word of greeting. The entertainment was rather predictable, some I liked better than others, and the staff offered a wide variety of activities. The cruise director, Robert, was excellent, one of the best we have every had. He was friendly and interacted with everyone he met. I liked going to the Library and getting the daily puzzles. We were able to find some sheltered areas to enjoy (not too much sun or wind). On this particular cruise we took all but one of the ship's excursions per port. Only one of them was a bit disappointing, the afternoon beach break on St. John's. I wish we could have stayed a bit longer in each port since most of the islands were very close together but I understand the port authority and costs to dock may influence the hours the ship can be at the pier. I am not sure that I would do this same itinerary again since the islands seem a bit of the same; however, in the winter, the weather can't be beat. Maybe we will have to try the Eastern Caribbean.

Southern Caribbean Island Introduction

lakesidehill’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Obstructed Oceanview
Cabin OK 8086
The location of the cabin was great for all of the activities we wanted--4 decks up for the pool/buffet, 4 decks down for exits off the ship, and 1 deck down for the public areas. The only real negative was the noise made when the lifeboat was lowered for the tender at St. Lucia. The boat was right outside our "window" and they started the process very early. This mild inconvenience wasn't a deal breaker and we had several perks that came along for this cruise with a very modest cabin selection.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins