3. Carnival Magic
After my wife and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary on Carnival Fascination in 2015, we were ready to jump back into it. After weeks of research, we finally settled on Carnival Magic with the seven day Western Caribbean itinerary, this time with our three children. I was a bit nervous about bringing our gaggle of kids with us, but they were so sad about not going with us the last time. I was very impressed from the get go about everything this ship had to offer. We were dropped off at the terminal by our Uber at 12:00 and were onboard at 12:30. The food was incredible. For a ship capable of holding 3000+ people, there were minimal lines. The other passengers were super nice ("Where you from?"). The cruise director MarQ was exceptionally friendly and made all the activities fun and entertaining. Of course, I'm sure you want to know what needs to be worked on, so here are the few areas I believe that could use improvement or just a heads up so there's no surprises: Embarkation: We made the faux pas of putting our boarding passes away after having them being inspected three times already. The final agent that was directing people to the boarding gangway apparently felt the need to make a public display of our ignorance, yelled at us to get our passes back out, and made us stand to the side while another 20 people walked past us before she would let us past. A bit embarrassing and unneeded in my opinion. Whatever, no biggie. Elevators: This is probably the biggest annoyance I had on the ship itself. There are three elevator lobbies (not including the atrium elevators), each with four or six elevators. Abandon all hope if all the elevators were on the top and you were on the bottom because you can bet that the elevator would have to make multiple stops before it would pick you up. Once you were on it, it will stop three to five times, letting people off and on (making it super full in the process). Bottom line, count on waiting five to ten minutes at a minimum to get from top to bottom during a busy part of the day. Not much Carnival can do about it, and I would definitely not call this a deal breaker, because everything else was so amazing. Just a heads up so you won't be surprised. First Elegant Night: We waited about 30-40 minutes for a table. Nothing too crazy but some of the other passengers were upset about it. I didn't particularly care, but just a heads up. Besides those very minor things, we had literally no complaints. Our family all had an amazing time, and seeing our six year old daughter gradually become familiar with the ship was entertaining in and of itself (Day 6... "I'm going to get ice cream and pizza on the Lido Deck... come on sissy!" as she grabs her older sister). Highly recommend!!!

A wonderful, funfilled week for our family of 5

Ages 10 to 12
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin 6L 1397
With a family of five, you WILL be sleeping on top of each other, but they had two bathrooms (one with a toilet, sink, and show, the other with a bath and sink) which help facilitate bathing very nicely. If you have two people that need to use the bathroom at the same time, we had no problem finding a public restroom elsewhere on the ship.
Deck 1 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins